• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Problem with Europe-audio, time for a warning?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another one here being fulled by them, ordered two Seas listed as 14 units available on the 24th Oct. for immediate delivery, but my order showed as pending until 1st Nov, then 3rd Nov, and now waiting for update for a week. I wrote emails and no answer (it's a shame) and then I called and they said it would ship the next day, of course it didn't. They just lost one customer, let's hope I can get my money back at least.

Last edited:
That´s good news.
Shame about europe audio not returning emails , i´m a faithfull customer when service is good even if price is a little higher , but i´ll have 2nd thoughts about ordering from them again . I never had problems with them but only had news about my orders when they arrived , before that from payment day to arrival day zero news , nothing !

That´s good news.
Shame about europe audio not returning emails , i´m a faithfull customer when service is good even if price is a little higher , but i´ll have 2nd thoughts about ordering from them again . I never had problems with them but only had news about my orders when they arrived , before that from payment day to arrival day zero news , nothing !

Nowadays, a company that doesn't reply emails has no credibility. And worst, they lie to you when you call them.
I have now the contact of the Dutch Consumer Authority, just in case...

One more bad experience

I made an order and paid them by my credit card in September. After 5 weeks, no delivery and no replies to my emails or attempts to contact them using the contact form. I've tried to call them several times, but they do not pickup the phone. Please save yourself from the hassle and do not order from these guys.

i made a order 2 months ago , some peerless mids and went fine , after a week i had them at home. My advice is that you only order what they have in stock and avoid ordering if they have less than 4 units or so.

it´s very wrong not to answer emails , i havent bought anything from Rumoh yet but at least they promptly answered my email , so i´ll be buying from them soon.

Well i ordered for over 1 month ago, wrote 10 emails and tried to call them atleast 40 times, and i dont get 1 singel response. I have no idea how to get my money back and i dont recommend that site to anyone atm. I smell scam, but you can wrote back if you hear from then or anything happens!

There are a lot of companies online that do not stock anything in their online "catalog". They have no warehouse, just an office, and they only order parts from suppliers when they get an order for that part.

There might be some indication of how many are "in stock" but that is a bogus number; either it's based on information their supplier has given them and actually represents the stock at the supplier, who sells to many resellers and thus the number can change quickly, or it's simply made up.

You need to do your due diligence when ordering online, and that includes finding out exactly what kind of firm you're dealing with and what their business model is.

This particular one evolved from Camera resellers in the 1970's. It relies on a few factors.

One, there must be some large-scale medium to reach customers.

Two, there must be some legitimate, stocking resellers in the same market who advertise in the same large scale media.

It's a simple matter of then offering prices that undercut the stocking reseller by any amount ... does not have to be large but if there is some way to add hidden charges and fees, then they can come right off the advertised price to present an even better illusion of a bargain.

These companies might be legitimate in that they fully intend to make money actually delivering product, but there are pitfalls.

The supplier might change prices after the order was accepted, and now the retailer cannot fill the order at a profit. They typically cancel the order on you, after a time, when they figure out the problem upon trying to order the item you've ordered.

There might have been an order from another competitor, taking the stock level from the supplier down to zero, and they can't get the item without a delay. They may or may not tell you about this.

There is not necessarily an intent to defraud but sometimes the model fails and well-intentined people cannot maintain the business.

There is a somewhat more sinister variant ... the company builds up a reputation that is based on price and actually delivering orders to customers who promote the firm by word of mouth. They then decide upon a trigger date, and simply keep all the money for orders that come in, and disappear.

In the old New York Camera variant, ads were placed in magazines like Popular Photography, which had a huge "marketplace" section at the back of the magazine. Companies would take orders and then shut down abruptly, keeping the cash for all unfilled orders (a mailed-in order with prepayment was the common practice). In the next month's issue, a very similar ad from a new company would somehow arrive.

Rinse, repeat.

The modern internet variant is far more common since the conditions for it to work exist for a huge variety of products, something that was rather unique to the camera business prior to a decade or two ago.

It must also be repeated that the model requires legitimate resellers to exist side-by-side; it's not an automatic indication something is wrong if two companies have similar product ranges; one must exist for the other to operate.

There is also a proliferation of "deal" and "review" sites (of dubious merit but high Google page ranks) who list prices for the identical product. The very lowest priced versions are inevitably from this kind of company.

I'm not suggesting this is the kind of firm Europe-audio is ... I have no direct experience with them ... but some of the reports in this post are typical of companies that do not actually stock anything, and order from suppliers after the order comes in. This business model partly relies on charging your credit card or using a prepaid system like PayPal in order to have working capital to make orders, which might not be based on a proper credit account with the supplier. Poor or no communication is typical if any little thing goes wrong, or if the avenues of communication consist mainly of frustrated or angry customers.

One other thing about firms like that ... they can make the catalog huge; really as big as they want since there is zero warehousing overhead and no real incremental cost to adding more products. Their only real cost is an impressive web site. Sometimes the catalog contains products that they simply cannot get period, or must get through unauthorized supply chains, in order to be able to present an impressive range of items "for sale".

There is a lot more that could be said about the business model ... for example the practice of offering a discount or rebate if a customer creates a favourable review in the price/review sites online, or in a forum post is common. Employees sometimes are paid to "salt" reviews or post in forums to drown complaints in noise or to improve "star ratings". There are some blogs where people have hunted down the street address of such suppliers, and photographed the addresses ... barber shops, apartments, or warehouse doors that belong to another business.

That's not all, but this is already a long post.

Be careful out there. The internet is a bazaar where you can find one example of everything.

Last edited:
PLEASE STAY AWAR FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! I have had a really bad experience with them and would like to warn any future customers about this company. And here's what happened:

I have placed an order for TB W-1808 loudspeakers in June 2012 and made a down payment of 600€. Up to now (28.11.2012) I have still not received the goods or a refund of downpayment.

After I realized that delivery is not going to take place I made the following effort to get my money back:
- I have used a contact form on their website several times. I never received any answers.
- I have placed over 80 calls on the listed number (+31 181 320 796) and nobody bothered to answer any of my calls. Sometimes I found the number was busy and made continuous return calls but without sucess. The person was still there for sure, but didn't bother to pick up the phone.
- I have written a leter (with return receipt requested) to their adress listed and have not received a return receipt. So I guess even the postman was not able to deliver the leter to them.
- I have written a request to the owner, jean.benoist@europe-audio.com and have not received any answer so far.

I have ran out of ideas what to do and I guess I will never receive the goods or my money. I am convinced they are running a SCAM operation!!!

Update of my situation. After few more tries to get in touch with them I finally went to my bank (I paid with my Mastercard and they have some insurance for such type of issues) ~1,5 weeks. ago. Today I received my items without any aknowledgment in advance. I send a mesage to bank, they said they send a request to cancell money transfer, so probably because of that Europe-audio decided not to bother with me. I dont know can it help, but please check your banks contract conditions. For sure, i will not have a deal with this company never ever again.

I recently have had a nice experience with Europe Audio. I have bought items from them several times and never had any problem. Last month I bought 2 VIFA TG9FD10 3.5 inch full range drivers along with some other stuff. After receiving them, I tried to run them using an amplifier but none of these vifa drivers work at all- completely dead. So I emailed them regarding this and got a reply the next day asking me if I was sure about this. I checked them back again with an ohm meter and woofer tester and found that the circuit was open for both drivers and I infromed them about this. But I got no reply for a few days. So I got worried and called them. The lady on the phone told me that she will talk to her colleague and probably will send 2 new drivers and she will send me an email the same day when they have decied. But I got no email that day and called them again the next day. Then the lady infromed that 2 new drivers are on the way. Today I received the replacement drivers and they just work fine! So I would say I am rather happy with them although I believe that they are not very good in sending or relpying to emails.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
good solid companies like Thomann charge you when they 'ship'

but the way 'the others' do it have just become a cheap cash credit
the money you send are used to finance other orders
one cause of this could be that it may be convenient for them to put your order on hold, until they get more of the same
but when its time for your order, they may have got cash problems, and have to wait for the next orders to finance it

actually I wonder how they do it ....practically
cannot imagine they order 2 woofers form ScanSpeak, or whatever

but they do have many nice drivers listed, so its a shame to hear its this risky
honestly, I find it hard to find alternative suppliers for many of their listed drivers
shame

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.