• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Season Greetings to all.
That is good news!

Further good news...
I will make a detailed post later tonight, but in short:
Thank you Mark I received your parcel today, I had been down the coast on holiday, so it was waiting for me on my return.
I spent a good couple of hours fitting and I can see no problems. I have a few minor queries and photos to share - but on the whole it’s looking fabulous, much, much better in the flesh.

So more news.

Mark has asked for a shipment quote. It changes daily due to fuel surcharge.
But we think 40 Euros per case will cover it for the bulk shipment to Europe and to the USA.

John's super-fast air parcel cost 80 Euros. Normal parcel would have been 50 Euros.
So I suggest John pays 51 and the rest each add 1 Euro per case, for the heatsink fit as discussed before.

The Asians by Fedex direct will cost 80 Euros. About half or less by normal Post (Parcel).
So you can decide and we try to fulfill all wishes.

JBL has decided not to take the last case.
So case 29 will go to NicMac (full payment pending). Case 30 will go to Ashaw in April (so on hold for now).

John, please kindly arrange payment like last time.
Once Mark receives them, we shall ship.

(I still have not seen the photos, but Mark is confident it is OK this time .....) ;)

So finally I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and can look forward to some other exciting new things for 2012. ;)

Patrick

I do apologise for my bright red Christmas table cloth, but it certainly gives the case a festive feel. :D
Firstly and most importantly every fits well, I will give Conrad the nod to proceed with the rest of the order.
I included the old regulator heatsink’s purely just for fitting purposes, as I have not got any CRC pcbs.
Mark, the following are some minor problems I encountered.
1) The M4X10 SST SOC screws needed for the front panel hole threads were too long, I had to resort to the M4X6 SST SOC to fit the angles and cradle bar.
2) The M4X10 SST SOC screws for the handles were a whisker too long, I used M4 washers and this corrected the problem.
3) Lastly there is a hole on the bottom plates that also runs through the the back panel bracket, there is a around an 10mm gap between. See my last image for reference. How does this connect?

Patrick, I will organise a spreadsheet and payment details shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_6827.JPG
    IMG_6827.JPG
    635 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6831.jpg
    IMG_6831.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6833.jpg
    IMG_6833.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6841.JPG
    IMG_6841.JPG
    679.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6852.JPG
    IMG_6852.JPG
    522.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    561.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6855.jpg
    IMG_6855.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 126
1) The M4X10 SST SOC screws needed for the front panel hole threads were too long, I had to resort to the M4X6 SST SOC to fit the angles and cradle bar.

They probably did not tap the hole to the bottom. Suggest you hand-tap it slightly deeper rather than use M4x6 (then only 4mm thread engagement). If you want to use shorter than M4x8 at least.

Mark will check if this applies to all front panels.

2) The M4X10 SST SOC screws for the handles were a whisker too long, I used M4 washers and this corrected the problem.

You should use a washer anyhow. We'll check if they are not included ??

3) Lastly there is a hole on the bottom plates that also runs through the the back panel bracket, there is a around an 10mm gap between. See my last image for reference. How does this connect?

No connection. Hole required for tooling purposes. No function.

I didn't see you using the transformer feet ?
Otherwise sounds like a happy customer ?

;)

Patrick

Thanks all makes sense, thank you Patrick.

I didn't see you using the transformer feet ?

Transformers are still in transit.

Otherwise sounds like a happy customer ?

Absolutely delighted :p
The case is a work of art to say the least, the craftsmanship and detail is simply amazing. I love the understated minimal style you have achieved with the case Patrick, it really is a stunning piece of work. ;)

Hi John,
I'll check the tapping of the Front panel and correct them before shipment.
I add 2 holes by the side of the Ground M4 tapped for wiring (ground the transformer cradle) if someone prefer. The earth is at the bottom of the back panel (both left and right).
For my prototype, I do all the wiring as 2 parts. One is the center transformer with regulator. It connects to the back panel by the N, L & Gnd, 3 cables only.
The other assembly is the case which includes front protection pcb, amp pcbs, caps and those AC, signal etc. at the back.
Have fun!
Mark

F5X Beta Board Group Buy (case subscribers only)

Dave (fitzfish) has been nice enough to obtain pricing from his own preferred PCB vendor over here in the US. To make sure the boards are ready around the same time as the case delivery, we need to start collecting payments for the boards so we can place the order for the Beta Boards.

Eachboard “set” for the case group includes 4 boards, 2 amplifier panels and two power supply panels. See picture below of the prototype PCBs.

IMG_0520.jpg

Each amplifier panel includes the amp, the input board, and the muting relay board. Each power supply panel includes the regulator board, two +VE filters and two –VE filters. Both panels are scored so that they just snap apart. The reason that we built them this way (panelized) is to avoid having to maintain 6 different PCB files and the associated tooling and overhead costs when building them at the PCB vendor. It also makes packing for shipping simple - two amp panels and two power supply panels per dual-mono amp.

Boards are 0.062 inch thick high quality FR4, 2 oz copper, lead free HASL surface finish (no gold because of Patrick’s objection to nickel, which is magnetic, and the expense of gold with no added benefit of it). They are routed and scored to minimize cost and make it easy to pop them apart to assemble as described above.

The cost of one board set is $80, which covers the cost of manufacturing the boards, paypal fees, and all the shipping costs. I have created a spreadsheet including all of the case subscribers. Your total amount owed, and payment information is included on the spreadsheet.

F5X Beta Board GB Spreadsheet

Let's all try to get our payments in promptly, so we can get the boards ordered.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Davide,

Me and Gregg just got in touch. I think the Fuku's are ready. We will meet up either this or next weekend. I will hand over the pads, mosfets, and PRP's to him. In return, he will give me back a few Fuku's to hug :) I hope this clear up what are coming up next.

Thanks!!

John, Greg & Fred,

Many thanks for your great effort.

John, I check your final payments all OK. But just to repeat myself :

The payment for shipment that John put down for ashaw is per Parcel. The 80 € for Nikon1975 & pmchoong is for Fedex. Parcel also possible for Japan & Malaysia. I think they are less than 40 Euros each (26 for MAL & 34 for JP), but Mark needs to confirm.

Total weight of each parcel is 8kg and that is without heatsinks.

;)

Patrick

Again I repeat myself.

The reason why this round of PCBs is only limited to the case subscribers is that I promised the F5X Amp Boards are exclusive to DIYA. But I want to have an addition round of Beta testers. So that is why it is a one-off action limited to those who are likely to build first according to the test team.

In the future, the Amp Boards will only be available through the Forum (unless they give up their exclusive right), and the power & protection boards directly from us (the xen-audio team). The latter two is case specific, and the forum thinks the audience is too small to justify their effort.

Patrick

John, Greg & Fred,

Many thanks for your great effort.

John, I check your final payments all OK. But just to repeat myself :

The payment for shipment that John put down for ashaw is per Parcel. The 80 € for Nikon1975 & pmchoong is for Fedex. [COLOR="black"[B][COLOR="Black"]]Parcel also possible for Japan & Malaysia. I think they are less than 40 Euros each (26 for MAL & 34 for JP), but Mark needs to confirm. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

Total weight of each parcel is 8kg and that is without heatsinks.

;)

Patrick

I would like to opt for the parcel delivery which is much cheaper but I am not sure about the reliability of the post office and the time it takes for the shipment to reach me. Can anyone tell or has anyone had any bad/good experience on this?

Thanks.
PMChoong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.