Post Your Results II

check mine out peeps 100" diagnolly about 6 foot wide

Attachments

• 100_0889.jpg
    100_0889.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,090
Here are my pics, it's a little brighter now, and the camara I had to use made it really blurry, but here they are I guess.

Here was our first screen setup, we used ducttape to make a seamless looking....well,,,seam, down the middle of two peices of blackout cloth, hung from the ceiling by chain loops hanging from the hooks, (we tacked the blackout cloth to a wood dowel) and at the bottom we put a length of PVC on the bottom of the screen (it's not in the pics) to roll it up to the ceiling to store by putting it thru another setup of 2 hooks and chains.
Stage1.jpg

We used duct tape, thinking that it would show less then a big stich down the middle. It was great, but later it turned the cloth a little yellow thru the back, which is not noticible in a completly dark room with it on.

Here is my wife showing the size of the screen (before you get excited....she's 4.11....so it's looks a little bigger then it is, but not by much.) I was running a DVD thru a PS2 (The only one I could find that wasen't effected by macrovision, an old Gundam Wing dvd.)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here is my OHP, an Apollo AI-1000 I got for 10 bucks from a school graveyard.

OHP.jpg

I didn't take a picture of my panel, a nView Spectra C.

I'm having problems with good color index, and someone said it might be the OHP, but it's plenty bright. Whites are to white and the darks run together, unless I compensate with ALOT of brightness, but then it will show something bright and it will flood to much white. It's decent, I figure when I get my cheapo line doubler to fix macrovision (I hope), I'm sure it will come with some contrast/image settings to help out. I also am having grounding issues (I think). Noticable running diagonal lines can be seen running thru the pictures at odd times, althought if I pause it you can see them. Sometimes they just are not there, so I'm guessing it has to do with my places wiring and grounding.

Hello!!!

I´m a new member from São Paulo, "Brazil" and sharing with yours, my experience with OHP and projection panels...

The image is "apreciate", but i know the real image to the comercial projectors of my friends from Brazil (HDTV capable) and i hope one day, build a DIY projector, half in size and de same compatibility with HDTV as the projectors of my Brazilian friends...

The photos and coments:

http://htforum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=176569&postcount=127

In Brazilian Portuguese (I´m so sory for my very pooooorrr english)

Bye:D

Phoenix Screenshot: Actual UNEDITED Photo 'Low Res Camera'

Camera:
Olympus D-400 Zoom 1.3 Megapixel (I'm still waiting on getting my hands on my friends digital rebel so pics arent nearly as good as they are in person)

Movie: Star Wars: Episode 2 "Yoda Battle"
Projection Screen: Dazian DIY 'Unpainted' / 4 feet x 7 feet Widescreen (I havent added the border on the screen yet)

Screen shown before adjusting any of the color, brightness, contrast or gama settings of the monitor. Factory Default.

- JCB
www.diybuildergroup.com

Attachments

• yoda-small.jpg
    yoda-small.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,337

Camera: Olympus D-400 Zoom 1.3 Megapixel (I'm still waiting on getting my hands on my friends digital rebel so pics arent nearly as good as they are in person)

Movie: Fifth Element
Projection Screen: Dazian DIY 'Unpainted' / 4 feet x 7 feet Widescreen (I havent added the border on the screen yet)

After Colors and settings were adjusted.

Attachments

• fe1.jpg
    fe1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,913

Camera: Olympus D-400 Zoom 1.3 Megapixel (I'm still waiting on getting my hands on my friends digital rebel so pics arent nearly as good as they are in person)

Movie: Star Wars: The Incredibles

After color and settings were adjusted

Attachments

• inc3.jpg
    inc3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,981
My first PJ

Heres my first attempt at a PJ. It's a 5" PSone LCD. I didn't have very much money so I couldn't afford all the fancy things like a metal halide light, or real fresnels, but it turned out quite well. The entire project cost me about $200 CAN. My camera is not the best. So, like everyone says, the pictures are alot better in real life. My screen is at around 90". Tell me what you guys think.

My Projector Pics