PKAudio (Pida) Waveguides for Bliesma tweeters

From time to time I get request for the details of this waveguide so I created this thread to share the details, and to see the experiences and measurements from those who used this WG.

I can share STL/STEP files for 3D printers via email on request.

This WG was used with Bliesma T34B, all measurements are in the attachment. Measurements were taken in actual baffle of Ellips-A project.
https://pkaudio.webnode.cz/ellips-a/

Attachments

• 6WG T34 40mm drawing.PDF
    30.8 KB · Views: 167
  • T34B WG dist.png
    T34B WG dist.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 234
  • T34B WG H 0-90.png
    T34B WG H 0-90.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 229
  • T34B WG imp.png
    T34B WG imp.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 224
  • T34B WG spinorama.png
    T34B WG spinorama.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 214
  • T34B WG waterfall.png
    T34B WG waterfall.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: 1 users
Tktran: I think 1kHz lr4 is feasible. Not only technically, but also that it will sound good.
I do not have raw tweeter measurement without wg for comparison.

Regarding suitability of this wg to T34A, fluid already runs the sims, indicating area >10kHz may not look as good as with T34B. He also mentioned A version has inverted surround, same as T25B. Lets wait for his input here.

Regarding suitability of this wg to T34A, fluid already runs the sims, indicating area >10kHz may not look as good as with T34B. He also mentioned A version has inverted surround, same as T25B. Lets wait for his input here.
The T34A surround sticks out so it is not the concave one the Be has, sorry if I confused you. It is quite narrow though.

The T34A is 38mm diameter including surround and the extra 1mm each side to Pida's waveguide is causing a few high frequency cancellation squiggles that may not be truly representative of reality as all surfaces are considered completely reflective.

You mentioned step in the first post, if you can send me that I can move the profile in and re-simulate, I think that would be more accurate even if in real life it was made ever so slightly bigger. If not there is another way I can try it.

Reactions: 1 users