• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

Dear Friends,

Here my TSEII 300B....

Br
Goran

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_180552.jpg
    IMG_20200311_180552.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_20200307_164324.jpg
    IMG_20200307_164324.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 723
Reactions: 1 user
My TSE-II amp. all toroidal

Hi here.

Finally i finished my amp. up.
Sound is brilliant, and everything is superB. :)

I ended up with B+@365vdc / bias at 75mA.
Very good and stable.

Last picture was before finishing it all up, but only one i got right now when tube's are ON!

Jesper.

Attachments

• IMG_6359.jpg
    IMG_6359.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_6392.jpg
    IMG_6392.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_6393.jpg
    IMG_6393.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_6394.jpg
    IMG_6394.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_6395.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 618
Here is my TSE II 300B amp... for this one, I was in audiophoolery mood and mixed it up a little from standard BOM.

Parts selection include:
- ISO transformers iron -- FC-20S opt, LC-10-200DII choke, custom PT.
- ClarityCap TC 85uF 600V Polypropylene PS cap
- Mundorf Silver, Gold & Oil 0.1uF coupling caps.
- Resistors are mostly Takman MF but also some Takman CF, Kiwame CF in less crucial places.
- Mills MRA-10 non-inductive for the high wattage resistors.
- WBT NextGen binding posts.
- Mogami W2546 coaxial input wiring.
- Kimber TCSS 19ga wiring.
- Chassis by Landfall Systems

B+ is around 385V, bias at 80mA.
Currently using the 5K:8R tap, there is also a 3.5K tap.

Tubes are Gold Lion PX300B, Raytheon 5842 and Amperex Bugle Boy 5AR4.
Regarding the sound... I'm still looking for proper speakers... :)

You have not used MAIDA REG. here? I was wondering about the audio signature of this regulator. After raising the volume by about 40% I have quite the hum on 97 dB speakers.

BR,
Goran

You have not used MAIDA REG. here? I was wondering about the audio signature of this regulator. After raising the volume by about 40% I have quite the hum on 97 dB speakers.

BR,
Goran

The Maida Reg was used on the TSE-II 45 that I built for headphones.
The hum there was in issue because my headphones are about 103db sensitivity and the driver is right on your ear. Additionally, I needed to use a 4.7uF filter cap to bring B+ down for the 45's, which increases ripple quite alot.

On this 300B, my speakers are not as sensitive and the first filter cap is 47uF. Additionally, the ISO choke is massive and I'm sure that helps.
I dont hear any hum from my listening position, maybe if I put my ear right on the driver.

BTW, your build looks great. I especially like the additional of relay input selection and volume control.

BR,
Goran

I could be interpreting this wrong, but if the hum increases when increasing the volume control, it would seem that the hum is in the input, not coming from the TSE-II. Your amp looks great BTW!

Chas

I could be interpreting this wrong, but if the hum increases when increasing the volume control, it would seem that the hum is in the input, not coming from the TSE-II. Your amp looks great BTW!

Chas

Hello,

Yes the hum increases with the volume....I will test it today little more...
I will disconnect my tube based dac first...
Anyway I'm curious regarding maida regulator? Can I expect any sound improvement? More firm bass, better transients,....?

BR,
Goran

Tubes finally came in the mail today....To say I couldn't be happier is an understatement. When I first noticed this amp I thought to build it point to point. Since I was using George's circuit, build manual, and shopping list I figured I owed him something...so I bought a board. Well, once I had the board in hand I couldn't resist just using it....Glad I did. The build was straight forward and the results so far are great....

Man, I love your splines on that case! Nice work...

I liked my original enclosure but there were some issues with layout and size that just didn’t sit well with me. So with my newfound social isolation I spent two days making this. Bird’s eye maple frame, simple volume and source selectors with a current meter. Running shuguang kt88’s, new Russian Mullard GZ34 and NOS mullard 12at7. It’s about an inch narrower and 3 inches shallower, with a few more details than originally. Also really happy with the central volume and how it looks.

Attachments

• CFEC2E47-9B85-49D2-9C2A-20DADC39C4EE.jpg
    CFEC2E47-9B85-49D2-9C2A-20DADC39C4EE.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 620