Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Here is my modular power supply. I didn't build it into a case, so everything is plain to see.

From left to right is the AC power entry and a 5A fuse, a CL-60 thermistor on the transformer primary, a second CL-60 for ground isloation, a 750VA 18+18 transformer, discrete rectification with snubbers and heat sinks (must ground sinks as diodes induce voltage), followed by Tea-Bag PSU CRC board with 4 x 27,000uF 50v caps per rail, separated by 3 x 0R22 3w wire wound resistors, then a three-conductor Neutric connector. The umbilical cord is 3x13ga wire.

Attachments

• IMG_8936.jpg
    IMG_8936.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 874
Specific values of caps is nothing more than me using what I had on hand at the time. I wanted CRC in the modular power supply, figured the umbilical will add some (small) amount of resistance, and wanted to make sure there was also local capacitance in the amp itself.

The CRC resistance is about 0R07 or so. The umbilical is 5-6ft long, plus the Neutric connectors on each end. This probably adds more than 0R07 in resistance, so the real configuration is probably something more like a CRCRC when everything is connected together. The amp is super quiet and behaves well.