Picked up a DATS V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up this system a couple of days ago and ran a few tests. First, I ran the impedance sweep and TS parameters for my 2x3015 bass guitar cab and found that the measured response matched the model simulated by .950 Winisd. So that was good.

I ran free air and vas tests for one of the two drivers and came up with some pretty pronounced deviation from factory data sheet. (1 and 2)

Although BL is pretty much bang on. But Vas is way higher and Re is a bit higher.

And then ran tests in cab for my 15/6 cab details of which are in my post 15/6 bass cab design. (thumb 3)

I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible for sustained periods of heavy use to impact the FA parameters like this? Or do I have a problem?

In the third thumb, 15.6 DATS, it says the Re is 6.323 ohms. What does this mean?

From this data on the 15.6, what would you say the nominal impedance of this cab is?

Thanks in advance for any/all the help.

Attachments

• 3015FA.png
    3015FA.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 3015 factory data sheet.png
    3015 factory data sheet.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 15.6DATS.png
    15.6DATS.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Thanks everybody.

Any comment on the last 2 questions? -

IE - what does dats mean when it says the loudspeaker re is 6.323 ohms, and

What would you say the nominal impedance of this loudspeaker is?

Note - Minimum impedance measures ~ 5.4 ohms at 1358 Hz

Interesting

DATS v2 here. Eminence Delta 10A also measures with a much higher VAS, lower FS (57hz rather than 66), slightly higher Qms, but RE is only a fraction higher. Qes is spot on.

This is really good information.

A guy could get paralyzed with indecision because things aren't "ideal" or "perfect".

Ultimately, I gotta melt some solder and make some sawdust.

"Damn the torpedoes, and full speed ahead!"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.