• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I built a 807 amp some years back. It is in system #2 and gets about 10 hours of play a week. Love it.

Yes, it really is like that I built 807SE with KNFB in nov 2015

IMG_0285.jpg
DSCN1678.jpg

Testing anti-clipping protection... No clipping audible, only a LED flashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UdNls-7oo

hahahah! that is so awesome! Now you've got me digging into anti-clipping circuits.......:rolleyes:

Spending some time over on the "other" tube side ATM. Building a little 5W guitar amp. I've been without an amp for a bit too long now, the 15W that I had before was just too much chooch for current living conditions.

I got some interesting tubes from another member here in a hodge-podge care package that I'm using. Will be a kind of test-bed for some fun stuff later down the road.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Still working on my hybrid mini-tube build but just have kind of diverted attention this way atm. Also working on re-doing the schema for my HK A500. It's already got a few of the "modernized" changes but it's time to get those 7355's out of there and re-bias for something a bit more available. A matched quad of EL34's is about 1/3 of the price for used 7355's. Plus it could do with some "removing" of the superfluous features in it. Hardwire some, remove others. I just need to re-cap the Phono section and that pre-side is all done! will hopefully get on that this weekend :drink: