• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Here are pictures of my JE LABS 300B amps, Angela power transformers, Hammond output transformers and chokes. GZ37/CV378 (military grade Mullard rectifier tubes), 5692 RED BASE RCA pre-amp tubes, EH 300B tubes (until I can afford a ''real'' 300B tubes).

You have had this built for some time right? This (attached) IS your build posted on an other site right? I have admired this since I first saw it! Beautiful work!!!

Attachments

• 1000jeangodbout300b.jpg
    1000jeangodbout300b.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 1,076
if you would be closer :).sounds very good,I am very happy.here is video (unfortunately bad video and sound quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPj6kJofSY4

The video is cool, nice choice of music too.

If I had my way I'd become a reviewer of all serious DIY builds around the country. Man what a fine job that would be!

Unfortunately, someone else won that power ball thing :D

You have had this built for some time right? This (attached) IS your build posted on an other site right? I have admired this since I first saw it! Beautiful work!!!

Yes, it's mine ! Since I build them few years ago I had some little unwanted ''hum/noise'' coming from the amps, then two weeks ago I decided to cure the problem thinking that the wood covers that replace the original metal covers where responsible for a lack of shield but it's not the case. As we can see, the transformers sit on rubber feet isolating the transformers from the ground, so I just cure the problem by adding a ground on each transformer and now the amps are completely ''silent'' from unwanted ''hum/noise'' !

Right now, I'm working on a new project ... I'm building a pair of speakers enclosure to match my amps, I bought on E-Bay a pair of Altec Lansing 601C 12 inches duplex speakers with the original crossover, the ''box'' are my own design, inspired by the Altec Lansing Stonehenge I, can't wait to listen to the result. Jean

Yes, it's mine ! Since I build them few years ago I had some little unwanted ''hum/noise'' coming from the amps, then two weeks ago I decided to cure the problem thinking that the wood covers that replace the original metal covers where responsible for a lack of shield but it's not the case. As we can see, the transformers sit on rubber feet isolating the transformers from the ground, so I just cure the problem by adding a ground on each transformer and now the amps are completely ''silent'' from unwanted ''hum/noise'' !

Right now, I'm working on a new project ... I'm building a pair of speakers enclosure to match my amps, I bought on E-Bay a pair of Altec Lansing 601C 12 inches duplex speakers with the original crossover, the ''box'' are my own design, inspired by the Altec Lansing Stonehenge I, can't wait to listen to the result. Jean

Those Altec 601s should serve you well :) and you are obviously a very talented wood worker :smash:! I'm surprised though that you do not choose to stand once again on the shoulders of your predecessors. Design your own speaker enclosure? It's not as easy as designing a house...:headbash:

my new tube pre-amplifier uses 8x GE6072 black plate triple mica,2x5687,Mullard GZ37 rectifier.
Nice!

Here are pictures of my JE LABS 300B amps, Angela power transformers, Hammond output transformers and chokes. GZ37/CV378 (military grade Mullard rectifier tubes), 5692 RED BASE RCA pre-amp tubes, EH 300B tubes (until I can afford a ''real'' 300B tubes).

Love the end bells. Nice.

I really just wanted to post some images in the gallery but couldn't find it. This is an EL84 power amp with attenuator. It is based on the Decware Zen. Tubes are Russian 6N1P and NOS Japanese National EL84s. I recently replaced the rec tube with a Sophia Princess 274B mesh plate. Looks better. Amp plays well through my 98db efficient Beyma 12" concentrics.

Nice work as always Mark!

Last edited:
now playing......EL34 parallel push-pull inspired my Marantz 9 monos...
uses the A431 OPT copy.....
input is a 6J32/EF86 pentode, then the 6RRH8 LTP phase splitter driving a 6CG7 cathode followers....

now tweaking to resolve some minor issues.....
preamp is a CCDA 6H8C/6SN7 fed from my MD player playing Bread songs...

Hi, I'm looking for a schematic with EL34 in PPP as what you have built, you may post the schematic? Thank you.:D

Dear Tony, if yours diagrams are in your mind, perfectly they could be on paper....

i suppose i can, the amp i did was cathode resistor biased with separate resistors per tube,
reason is so that the end user need not bother with bias adjustments n the event that tubes need replacing...

the power transformer is not available anywhere as it is my own design and build...
but i am willing to give winding data to anyone who requests them via pm...

the psu is a voltage doubler and large caps were used n the psu filtering...

i can hand sketch the design when i find the time...