• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

this is on my wish lists.....Tools
spdybend.jpg

Friends,

Some time ago I showed in these pages pictures of one of my projects and I would like to present them (maybe some are repeated here so pardon me if indeed they are)

This one is a power amp, class AB, ultralinear, 70WRMS/ch, 6FQ7 input driver, 6BL7 phase inverter and KT88 power tubes, individually negative bias adj for each one.
Individual power supplies for each stage with chokes for power tubes HT and for the input tubes.
Variable NFB, AC power in 3 stages at turn on/off and HT/standby toggle switch on the front panel.

Aluminum chassis, side panels in paubrasil wood.
All trafos custom made for the project.

[ ]s
Ricardo

Quote; Rwellerson
This one is a power amp, class AB, ultralinear, 70WRMS/ch, 6FQ7 input driver, 6BL7 phase inverter and KT88 power tubes, individually negative bias adj for each one.
Individual power supplies for each stage with chokes for power tubes HT and for the input tubes.

Variable NFB, AC power in 3 stages at turn on/off and HT/standby toggle switch on the front panel.
Would you have a circuit?
The 6bl7 is a wonderful tube!!
Phil

Please, tell me you're a cyborg!

:D:D:D

Near that... :)

Just kidding: It is a challenge to get these innards looking like that but is NOT for looks only (or to show...) I assure you guys.
One feels comfortable when there is a eventual malfunction, or installing upgrades, it is very easy to follow the circuitry and solder/resolder at will etc.
Something like form follows function and this has been working very well for my needs.

[ ]
R.

Where you learn this form of build, are you inspired by the World football?

Constant evolution of a method I devised many years ago...

Football in this country here: it used to be a nice thing to appreciate, talk about etc.
Nowadays everything is a big farse commanded by that obnoxious, indecent entity FIFA duly supported by the actual ultra corrupt government in Brazil.
It is a pity, we feel ashamed before the world.
In fact FIFA is the ACTUAL legitimate government here, they demand and command everything here in the last 12 months so far...

In this world cup they have spent billions building those majestic arenas but we still have poor people dying unassisted in front of the hospitals (when there is one available...)
People are starving and there are parts in this country where the local people never saw a electric bulb in work...
Enough.

[ ]
R.