• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Rodango Model DB-1 Bass Guitar Head

Here are some follow-up photos of my ultra rare Rodango Bass Guitar Amp. It is the only one in the world! It uses a 6SN7 preamp tube, a 6L6 for driving the splitter transformer and 4-KT88s in parallel push-pull. The power amp design was lifted from the Fender 300PS and the rest is my design and all of it is my construction. Custom made case, panel and plate.

Controls are gain and volume (front) hum and balance (rear) I have calculated its output at around 235 watts.

ba2.jpg

ba3.jpg

011.jpg

Hi Jane,
Looks like a nice simple SE design, a sort of universal SE Amp, which can use several different valves of the same or very similar pin outs. I myself have built a universal SE Amp which can use about 14 different valves of the same general pin out!Although not quite as neat and simple as your design. I also used meters to set the different bias. I would like to build this design to compare it with mine. What is the B+Voltage. Do you use fixed bias? If so what is the original bias voltage? You must forgive my ignorance as I have no knowledge of the maths of building or designing Amps. I just follow the schematics and hope it works!!
If it doesn't I don't have the means of putting it right I just move on to the next schematic and keep my fingers crossed that I don't make any silly mistakes! My universal SE Amp is still working after about 6 years now so I must have done something right! It uses EL 38's as the Output valves and 6J5GT's for the input and a GZ37 as rectifier, at about 400Volts. Best regards Anthony.:)

Attachments

• dscn2560.jpg
    dscn2560.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,643
Hi there,

Here's my latest creation. Still working on it though. Some issues with PSU transformer overheating and hum induced on the anode chokes. But that's almost fixed.....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For more pictures on the build check my website. (-:

Next project is going to be a very tiny (REALY tiny) Push-pull amplifier using 6am4 and E90CC tubes. ((-: