PHL Audio - used in which commercial Monitors ??

Sure about the Genelec?

Only wondering because on a pro-sound forum an official Genelec contributor said that they were using Peerless drivers in their subs.

go to post #22 about
Ilkka goes Genelec - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
and to post #6 about
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1364993

but concerning the sub systems maybe you are right (resp. your official Genelec distributor ) - I haven't verify exactly this concerning the model "7060B"

BTW - the URL
PHL 6090 15" GENELEC B384-8 8OHM HIGH EFFICIENCY WOOFER S WEATHERPROOF | eBay
makes a bit confused.

Last edited:
They may have changed since then as they did before.

Basically it came about because I mentioned that Volt lists Genelec as a customer on their page. This was answered by a guy working at Genelec stating that they did use Volt drivers at some point but had changed suppliers since (Volt has not updated or changed their site in over ten years) and during the following conversation somebody mentioned Peerless which Genelec man confirmed.
But that was two or three years ago so plenty time to change to PHL.

There's no inconsistency to say "Genelec uses PHL" and "Genelec uses Peerless." They do have more than one product, after all, and it's more than a single-driver unit!

Most of the subs seem to be Peerless SLS or XLS-based. Their flagship sub uses four XLS12's, I think. (They might be XXLS12's.) The mains woofers on their big ones might be lPHL.

Last edited: