philips cd850 MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bricolo said:
In fact I have a marantz CD62, similar to the CD850MKII except somr minor changes

Hi Bricolo!

I've recently received a Marantz CD62. Now I'm start to do some tweaks. I would appreciated if you could share your experience with me :D. My plan is changing old opamp to better one or tube; modify the power suply and clock upgrade.

But it is difficult cause i haven't got CD62' schema. Do you still got it's schema? Please send it to me. My address: tanminh_vns@yahoo.com.

Thanks and best regards!

I've ordered a pulley for the cd-850mk2 from the hungarian philips rep.service ,but they've sent me 4 pcs of pulley for the cd-940 (850mk2 parts are no more avaible) almost the same but can't build in!
I'll do it for myself, just a little metalwork. When I'll finish it,make photos and manual how to do it and attach it to this thread
I hope it can help for all of you

Attachments

• old broken one and the pulley for cd-940.jpg
    old broken one and the pulley for cd-940.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 427
schematics to cd850mk2

I need a pcb layout, electric block diagram, or schematics to my
CD850MKII!
Please help me ( send me )
rausch(at)fibermail.hu

...under the CDM4 transport on the big PCB is two trimmer (adjustable potentiometer those black square things with holes inside ), one with 4.7Kohms, and another one with 22Kohms marked. I interest for the 22Kohms #3568, this one is closer to the mains transformer. What value should I set? ( in Kohms or in voltage )
Can anyone help me?
-many thanx-

CDM4 pickup arm and CD-turntable motor

I've dismounted my CD-850 MKII.
My goal is a complete cleaning and replacing the famous gearwheel and rubber belt.
The CDM4 mechanics is laying separate on my desk.
My question is, should I lubricate somehow the CDmotor and the pickuparm bearings?
I mean is there somwhere a hole to do it with fine oil?
For the tray mechanism and the gearwheel I will use soft silicon grease, it's not agressive.
Can anyone help?

Has anyone a Philips service test CD?...Test disc 5 or 5A

Re : Post #99

According to an article penned by Mr. Mike Leach, dated xx May 1992 he wrote :

"A small drop of oil on the long motor spindle and a small blob of grease on the bottom bearing should put a seized or noisy motor to rights. I always go through this procedure when skipping and jumping is the problem with a cd....... especially when the motor has become noisy, although this is fairly rare."

I personally think that high grade fine oil (e.g. swiss made synthetic wrist watch oil) should be used in order to obtain the best and trouble-free effect on the laserpick-up arm bearing, provided that money is not the vital factor to decide which fine oil to be applied on this well-known machine.

Best Regards.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.