PHASELESS SPEAKERS SPOT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ask cortesly to the MODERATOR if I can POST THIS SPOT HERE or where I CAN if possible without disturb none , since it is my only little chance to publicize my honest work without pay a fortune in magazines that i don't like so mutch sometimes! :).
Thanks and excuse me. :confused:

HI ALL friends and "companions", compagneros
I'm paolo , I live in italy VENEZIA and study and evelutate speakers diy vs commercial from 25 years.
Now I have speakers that win vs magico, avalon,wilson,b&w,infinity,quad, etc.
The only challenger vs my speakers are headphones ESL STAX driven by OTL amp stax.

I would be happy to put my know-how at services of audio community and diy friends first of all:

(Please note I am very honest and serious in my work and love first of all music)

project sophisticated 6 db/oct crossover up to six ways

Impedence compensation for obtai quasi/resistive loads for driving with monotriodes with poor damping factor.

Isolate from bad vibes by air and steel springs tuned subsonically between 2-5 Hz ( as like precision laser and weight system lab) so the system work in INERTIAL REACTION against wrong elastic reaction as terrible as like ugly spike witch are tuned at 1-4 KHz on all components of system like best turntables for example.
Try with for stell springs from about 2-4 Hz under speakers, pre amp and cdp and dac and listen that enormous jump to real high fidelity!! 10 usd for the entire sistem. Explain the method to your friends and try! It was my most big secret and now is GRATIS for diy audio community !!! :)

Structural design for cabinet with the lowest number of proper modes.

GRATIS suggestion on infinite choices about drivers, components of crossover ,frequency respose points, order, cabinet structural design, choice of drivers size e number of ways, type of bass loading, postioning and listen speakers position.

Beautiful and efficacious treatment of the front baffle with wool felt for combact bad audible and measurable diffraction and reflections.

high efficency up to 98 db in 150 litres without HORNS.

exclusive consulence for power amps , preamps ,dacs,transports,cables,accessorys bassed on 25 years of know-how and listen comparative test with best components commercial and DIY.

acoustic treatments personalized.

freq response anechoic with woofer in box and 1/3 octave in room T60 time .

multiamp active with or without active crossover or passive on the preamp signal crossover OR simply bi-tri wiring on the power signal with different amps: big solid state on the bass, little musical triodes non feedback on the mid.high freq.

composite hybrid systems with commercial ESL speakers how satellite and dynamic subwoofers perfectly acustically integrated.

active or passive subwoofers for Sonus Faber Minima ,LS3/5A, Ensamble PA1, Spica, PROAC Tablette, etc.

Other on request.

comments will be higly appreciated

CHEERS,

thanks for reading

P:S:: if you can send to all your friends diy and audiophile I 'll thank you very mutch!! :)

Last edited:
Source: Denon DL-103 pickup, Mayware Formula IV arm, Thorens TD-160 Super turntable OR Marantz CD94 CD-player OR Marantz ST-54L tuner
Interconnect: Proel noiseless microphone cable
Preamplifier: DIY (PCC88 in SRPP, Russian PIO coupling)
Power amp: Gainclone LM3875 OR DIY triode amp w. 807 tubes
Speaker: Buschhorn full-range horn reduced to 2/3 dimension w. Tangband W3-871S OR QUAD ESL-57 w. welded steel stand on Soundcare spikes
Speaker cable: rigid Cat-6 UTP
Not really highend :rolleyes:

Source: Denon DL-103 pickup, Mayware Formula IV arm, Thorens TD-160 Super turntable OR Marantz CD94 CD-player OR Marantz ST-54L tuner
Interconnect: Proel noiseless microphone cable
Preamplifier: DIY (PCC88 in SRPP, Russian PIO coupling)
Power amp: Gainclone LM3875 OR DIY triode amp w. 807 tubes
Speaker: Buschhorn full-range horn reduced to 2/3 dimension w. Tangband W3-871S OR QUAD ESL-57 w. welded steel stand on Soundcare spikes
Speaker cable: rigid Cat-6 UTP
Not really highend :rolleyes:

I suggest you to use inertial reaction putting 3 or 4 steel springs under every components of the system. Especially turntable or CD, tubes, and speakers above all.
The combined oscillation obtained must between 2-5Hz, so the system is totally isolated.

Hope this helps,
Bye!

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I use "spikes" (Soundcare) under the CD player and under the Quad speaker. It would be a bit difficult to find suitable springs to safely support the Quad panels... They could fall over :eek:
What are the benefits of springs over spikes? Also I am afraid of putting springs under the turntable, because the cartridge could skip due to footsteps exciting the system. What is your opinion?

Thanks, Laszlo

Hi Paolo,
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I use "spikes" (Soundcare) under the CD player and under the Quad speaker. It would be a bit difficult to find suitable springs to safely support the Quad panels... They could fall over :eek:
What are the benefits of springs over spikes? Also I am afraid of putting springs under the turntable, because the cartridge could skip due to footsteps exciting the system. What is your opinion?
Thanks, Laszlo

Hi!
Beautiful system. My opinion, supported by many direct experiences, is that spikes are just wrong, for mechanic rational laws. When you use spikes, the combined Cms of the spikes + the weight of the component results in a resonance in the audio band. Normally this fr is located at about 1KHz and the system works in a bad elastic reaction, i.e. the component is linked for all the frequencies from fr to f0, and isolated above fr. So the component works in two different modes.

Instead, when you work with springs with adequate fr, the combined Cms plus weight of the component results in a subsonical fr, below the audio band. So the component is totally isolated, and don't vibrate at all, for all the frequencies above fr.

This is the enormous advantage of the inertial reaction; the system has the minor number of modes possibile, and the vibrations is reduced at the minimum. So you don't have choice: contrary to the normal audiophile usage, and bad audio reviews suggestions, and also the manufactures, you have to take 3 steel prings and put under the component. The End. You can't do any better. It won't vibrate and will sounds better.
Try and hear the difference: it's macroscopic.

In addition, the costs of the springs is very low. You can find them easily in a store, usually for a speaker you need 3 or 4 springs, size about 3cm, height about 4cm, wire size about 3-4mm. You'll have to try to oscillate the speaker, and when the oscillations will be subsonic, you will be Ok.

This is my suggestion, not only for you, but for everyone willing to try.
If you try, please let me know.

Bye!

Hi Paolo,

What you write sounds logical. I happen to have such springs, and will try under the CD player. It was not good under the turntable, because the subsonic vibrations were not attenuated from the floor through the furniture, and it shaked the turntable when I walked in the room - result: the stylus skipped. But wait: the Thorens has a spring suspended subchassis (damped with foam inside the spring), so it is already spring isolated... I have to find some suitable springs under the loudspeaker yet. What about damping? Without damping there could be a sharp resonance peak. Thanks

Hi Paolo,
What you write sounds logical. I happen to have such springs, and will try under the CD player. It was not good under the turntable, because the subsonic vibrations were not attenuated from the floor through the furniture, and it shaked the turntable when I walked in the room - result: the stylus skipped. But wait: the Thorens has a spring suspended subchassis (damped with foam inside the spring), so it is already spring isolated... I have to find some suitable springs under the loudspeaker yet. What about damping? Without damping there could be a sharp resonance peak. Thanks

Well, with the turntable you probably have made some mistake, IMHO. The springs was probable too stiff, if you put more soft springs, you can obtain a frequency resonant of about 2-5Hz. The damping have to be the minimum possible for the low pass resulting Fr and above for the best results.
This is the principle adopted by floating counter chassis turntable, that is always better at filtering subsonic, compared to rigid chassis.

Hope this can helps,
Bye!

Hi Paolo, if you want, you can give me advice on midrange choice for my next speakers. thread here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...-efficient-midrange-what-do-we-have-here.html

Hi, I finally catchup with the thread you mentioned.
My thinking is this: the best midrange I know for your frequency band is the Audax HM100x0 (ex MDA108), difficult to find, and Audax PR170Z0 or PR170X0, because of the material and the frequency response smoothed.
Personally I use HM100Z0, because of HDA, but I have only 87dB efficency and the midrange was 200-6000 first order.
For the remaining, you seems very expert and surely you'll not have any problems with baffle step compensation and designing xover filter.
Good work,
Bye!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.