PGGB upsampling software

Well, I use LInux/MPD, but I tried soxr and src like 15 years ago, did the upsampling offline and played them than straight from NAS and tried to compare...could not really feel like this was an improvement...different, yes...but maybe with this new software and my new DAC I will try this experiment again...Is this the setting you recommend ?

Is this the setting you recommend ?

I cant really recommend any setting for you. Im not an EE and digital filter theory is way complex. Besides we all have different gear and sound signature preferences.

All I can say for me is depending on the DAC, system and ears, filters can make no difference or be a significant upgrade.

If you can run Foobar in Windoze with the best setting, have a NOS DAC or a DAC that responds to OS-filters and enjoy DIY "tinkering" then why not try PGGB? You mentioned trying SOX so I mentioned that SOX in Resampler-V is highly configurable and posted the screen shot to show all the options.

Unlike most DIY theres no cost and no soldering fumes trying PGGB :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Free new PGGB-RT 64-bit Foobar2000 plug-in module released. (RT=Real-Time)

A new free foobar2000 higher-precision (64bit) plug-in component has just been released. According to Remastero, it utilizes more advanced processing algorithms than before, which feature both improved resampling and noise-shaping. It's completely free, and the only limitation is that it does not permit you to convert/save resampled tracks. Link below.

foo_pggb_rt - ZB's Guide (remastero.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Denafrips independent measurements show upsampling to 32x in all modes.

PGGB is one of the few options to do great x32 and works very well with Denafrips for me.

Denafrips have one of the more affordable R2R DADs that measures pretty well and sounds particularly rich in timbe. PGGB takes that up a level.