peerless xxls10 830451

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anyone build a subwoofer with this new aluminium woofer from peerless ?
I want to build a subwoofer with this unit which I already have
in winSD it gifs some good result in a reflex loaded system
in a 63 liter enclosure and a 4 inch port gives a fb 26 hz
looks good to me http://www.tymphany.com/files/products/pdf/830951.pdf

Attachments

• 830951.jpg
    830951.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 286
No experience with that driver, but I'd expect it to be similar to the other XLS drivers which are excellent. I've seen their distortion measured on another forum, and they hold up very well to any other driver you can get. Within their limits they seem to perform significantly better on distortion tests than much more expensive drivers.

thanks for the reply, i do know the xls10 woofer and use it in the other project with 2 Passive radiators in 31 ltr
I saw the xxls10 with aluminum cone but cannot find any project or subwoofer using this woofer
I still want to go for a reflex loaded system as this gave good results in the simulations

Sometimes it pays to enlarge the box to keep vent length down. You have to do quite a bit of tweaking, balancing different parameters. Also keep in mind that a lower tuning will also tend to lower vent velocity.

It's worth flaring both ends of the vent, and paying some attention to this aspect of the design. At xmax at the low end of the passband you will likely have problems with an unflared 4" vent. Unflared it will chuff at low velocity. Again, I recommend looking at Collo's calculator.

Ideally you should shoot for no more than 25m/s vent velocity and use a flare sufficiently large to handle this velocity without adding chuffing. The calculator will allow you to determine this.

GM

Joined 2003
On paper, it appears to be ~optimized for a car audio or small listening room sealed or PR loaded sub.

Anyway, if it were mine, I'd load with a TQWT (reverse tapered pipe) since either a PR or large/long vent is required to get the most gain BW out of it.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.