• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee Preamplifier GB

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi shann,
I am wondering if this Tx is OK for this preamp. I measured the blue-black-blue unloaded and got 16.2V for each blue-black and 32.5V total. Specs say 2A/250V as in the pic attached.

Also have an Rcore type, but the yellow V's are 28V, the orange V's are 20V, and the grey V's are 35V. So the 20V are a bit high for this. I will probably be able to use in another preamp or power amp. See pic attached.

T1.jpg T4.jpg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks shaan,

So choices are a 15V-0-15V/30VA center tapped transformer or the wallwart/laptop brick (with added filter to clean up noise) and the DC-DC boost to 19V per rail.

If going for the CT trans., is a toroidal type good enough (probably Antek)?. My hearing is compromised and I am not sure I would receive any benefit from an R-core type. It may measure better, but I may not be able to hear any benefit.

@shaan - do we have anymore PCB's left? Appreciate if you can message me the details directly

One PCB left from last batch. New batch will be printed next month.

I got a Pre module from Shaan with resisters in VR1 to VR4 instead of trimmers:unsure::unsure: without any note....

The trimmers I got were all fakes and caused crackling/static noise within a month of usage. So I measured which value give the required bias and install fixed resistors of nearesr value. Sorry for not telling you.

Reactions: 1 user