Pearl Two

OK, OK, I'm getting anxious... I never was that good at waiting. :eek:

I'm finally getting a "good" turntable and cartridge. I know my poor mediocre VP129 sorta tube, cheap opamp phono stage isn't going to cut it (tube doesn't amplify, only serves as a poor input "buffer") . I thought I might mod it. It could easily be improved, but it's not worth it. So for now I will be building a decent little opamp phono stage with a good power supply.

What I'd really like is to build this pearl 2!!! (at least I'll have the opamp preamp until I can get this one together) This seems like it would nicely match the new 'table. :cool:

I know good things take time. I assume it's in the final stages of getting ready to release. I'm just so excited to finally have a good vinyl setup!! :D

Welcome to ONO city, industrial area. :D

Attachments

• P1060728.JPG
    P1060728.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,572
industrial area.

ONO South-East could use a renovation job.

See Dragan's post on polystyrene caps from Oppermann at the Analog-Forum. (1st half Dec '08)
Dragan measured the Siemens KS25 caps to be within 0.5% tolerance, some would say that's notta bad for +30 year old foil caps.
The boxed types are much easier to solder than consumer grade axial styroflex craps.

A couple of other colors/numbers =>

Attachments

• Colorfull.jpg
    Colorfull.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,466
Last edited:
Are we really making specific requests here, or are we just pitching in with posts that show that there is a groundswell of interest for the Pearl II phono pre? :confused:

We are enthusiastic about the Pearl 2's release, we showing our interest and appreciation as well as giving them (PassDiy) a general headcount of how many boards and parts to order. Also, how much $$$ they are going to loose, by selling boards to us heathens and infidels. :eek:

Hey, they said it not me! I'm only repeating what was already said!

Thank you PassDiy

Ron