PCBway Ordering Experiences

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have now had 7 jobs done by them, including 4 layer boards. All have been good.

BTW if you live in the UK ship via HK post. It only takes a couple of days longer and you are unlikely to get whacked with VAT. If you use a courier they take pleasure in charging a £15 or so administration fee just to collect a few quid for HMRC.

I have now had 7 jobs done by them, including 4 layer boards. All have been good.

BTW if you live in the UK ship via HK post. It only takes a couple of days longer and you are unlikely to get whacked with VAT. If you use a courier they take pleasure in charging a £15 or so administration fee just to collect a few quid for HMRC.
^--- THIS!

Last time, I used another Chinese supplier who offered normal postage. Took just about as long, but came through the letter box by Royal Mail. No charge at all.

With DHL, not only do they charge a stupid admin fee, but every time they've calculated completely the wrong duty and charged me a massive amount. In one case, the total DHL charges were more than what I actually paid for the boards including DHL shipping!

In my experience, using normal post is a double saver - they don't charge as much for sending it, and you're unlikely to get clobbered by admin and import duties.

They use DHL for my orders and I have only paid £4 import duty.
I do pay the duty online and no DHL staff are involved so maybe thats why its so cheap?

Now I have something to say about my experience with PCBwin. Today, after it has been mentioned here in the thread, I went to their web page which looks suspiciously similar to that of the PCBWay and has similar prices except lesser delivery options. But this is not the most interesting. I did not leave any personal information there intentionally, but right after I visited their web page I've got an email from them! So they managed to somehow access my private information (may be they know how to read the PCBway cookies where I have a stored account details?). I do not like such intrusive service! So be warned!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.