• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCBs for Moving Coil RIAA preamplifier

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Here are my proposal for the modification of the MC-100 for Moving Magnet Cartridges.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time these days to apply the changes to the real circuit, so let me know if you found any problem.

Attachments

• MC100 schematic (MM version) -29.03.20.png
    MC100 schematic (MM version) -29.03.20.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 162
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I received the following response from Dr. Tim Dawbarn, Queensland, Australia

George,
I can’t contribute to the forum (haven’t been active for a while). I am happy if you make an entry quoting my comments.
Incidentally, I am a medical doctor with a long standing (professional and amateur ) interest in low level, low noise amplifiers if that helps my "credentials".
Best wishes and hopes for the future in these bizzare times. Thanks for your work - you have become an intimate part of my musical enjoyment.
I literally listen through your skill.
Thanks again,
Tim

Tim comments about the sound of MC-100 the following:

“Beautiful detail - far more than my Grace transformers, at least to my ear. Quiet.
Detail is sometimes startling when it comes from a black background but a welcomed surprise.
Highly recommend. Good value. Give it a try and support a clever man providing high quality products at fair prices.”
Tim Dawbarn

I bought a set of these from George. Used good quality components and batteries to run it.
This is a superb amp, dead quiet lots of detail and just fabulous.
I have used it with every cart I own (lots) it works with all of them. My favourite being the troika ruby cantilever, line contact retip from soundsmith. Built the strobe as well, what a great device...

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
There is no connector for direct connection of the batteries to the board.

But you can easily do this, if you do not place the components of the power supply.
Then you will connect the (+14Vdc) of the Batteties to V+ point on the board, and the (-14Vdc) of the batteries to the V- point on the board.
The Common Ground point of the Batteries could be connected to the GROUND jumper on the board.

The batteries should be capable to supply +/ -14 Vdc at about 40 mA per board.

Reactions: 1 user