PCB Desing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a picture of the scheme ,I would like to convert a PCB design .
Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

p134-f1.gif

That design is far from elegant. Can you offer some insight into what you expect from this circuit, the rationale for this circuit topology (especially the voltage doubler input section), and your selection of component values.

Before you design a PC board you generally have at least a rough idea of what space the board must fit into, what the input and output connection interfaces are, and whether it'll be surface mount or through hole. In this particular case I'd want to have more info about that transformer!

Dale

That design is far from elegant. Can you offer some insight into what you expect from this circuit, the rationale for this circuit topology (especially the voltage doubler input section), and your selection of component values.

Before you design a PC board you generally have at least a rough idea of what space the board must fit into, what the input and output connection interfaces are, and whether it'll be surface mount or through hole. In this particular case I'd want to have more info about that transformer!

Dale

That design for IEPE (ICP®) Sensors
IEPE be used for force, pressure and acceleration sensors, as well as in measurement microphones,
because the microphone uses the 4mA interface, . In common with most microphones that use the 4mA current supply, the recommended connector is a BNC at the microphone and power supply ends, and standard double-ended BNC leads are used for interconnection.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
1) You can buy a pre-made 24VDC supply cheaper than you can buy the parts.

2) Research!! Only please call it "Plagiarism". Look for a similar plan and adopt it.
Adjustable Power Supply Kit - LM317 (#1725) | NightFire Electronics LLC
Variable Voltage Power Supply using a LM317 | soldernerd

3) Buy the parts. Put them on a printout of the schematic. Oops, parts that are small on the drawing are large in real life. (Depending on load (which you have not stated) the LM317 may need a large heatsink.) Move them around to sit together nice. Draw lines to make the right connections. (Making a neat compact layout without undesirable interactions can be quite hard!!)

Attachments

• sas77-42.gif
    sas77-42.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 218
Suggest to use the free pcb layout package
KiCad EDA
I have never used it but I am seeing some nice designs being made with it, by some experienced designers, I have not heard anything bad, so it should be more than capable for what you show in your schematic.

Yes I use a program Easyeda to the schematic symbols , but the difficulty convert schematic to PCB Layout !!

Yo7FbD1.jpg

Last edited:
Suggest to use the free pcb layout package
KiCad EDA
I have never used it but I am seeing some nice designs being made with it, by some experienced designers, I have not heard anything bad, so it should be more than capable for what you show in your schematic.

I have been turning out commercial-quality board layouts with KiCAD for almost 5 years now. Mind you, these are fairly straightforward 2-layer boards, albeit with rather complex shapes that hug the contours of commercial molded-plastic enclosures.

So far, KiCAD has done everything I could do with P-CAD or PADS PowerPCB. A few things are a little more difficult to do in KiCAD, and it's sometimes frustrating to realize I have to un-learn the way something was done in some other layout program before I learn how its done in KiCAD. On the other hand . . . I don't have to hand over $$$_K in purchase costs, or even hundreds of dollars a year in "maintenance fees".

Scan through the homepage at KiCad EDA and wander around the online Forum at KiCad.info Forums to get an idea of what KiCAD is capable of. (That Forum is also where some of the program's obscure and esoteric bugs get exposed, and I'm amazed at how quickly many of them get corrected.) The "Made With KiCAD" page is also worth a visit.

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.