PC has a few more ridiculously cheap horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or maybe the horns exhibit HF ringing?

As for that coax, an Eminence Beta12CX and ASD1001 combo is only $105 shipped. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to get the NOS Fane/Wharfedale that I can't find any concrete specs or parameters for for $100 before shipping? That's a hard sell.

Not shooting the messenger here, I'm actually a bit curious because I've been interested in making some coax PA tops.

Or maybe the horns exhibit HF ringing?

As for that coax, an Eminence Beta12CX and ASD1001 combo is only $105 shipped. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to get the NOS Fane/Wharfedale that I can't find any concrete specs or parameters for for $100 before shipping? That's a hard sell.

Not shooting the messenger here, I'm actually a bit curious because I've been interested in making some coax PA tops.

I have no reason to suggest you buy them, but perhaps some one wanting to make a Wharfedale clone, or repair an existing pair would like them. As far as I know they are New-Old-Stock ( never used, but not current models) so those are my only two ideas for buyers. :)

Erik

They "ring like a bell" unless damped. The throats are also rather crude, creating diffraction effects.

There are a lot of people that liked them 60 years ago, many still do...

Ahhh, that was the other possible interpretation I wasn't sure of. I'm sure you are right, but since most horn speaker builders aren't big on facts or measurements I didn't think that mattered.

<< hahahah, sorry for the troll. It's Friday and the most interesting thing I could think of to do was stir up unnecessary conflict. >>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.