PC has a few more ridiculously cheap horns

Or maybe the horns exhibit HF ringing?

As for that coax, an Eminence Beta12CX and ASD1001 combo is only $105 shipped. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to get the NOS Fane/Wharfedale that I can't find any concrete specs or parameters for for $100 before shipping? That's a hard sell.

Not shooting the messenger here, I'm actually a bit curious because I've been interested in making some coax PA tops.

eriksquires

2013-05-10 4:11 pm
Or maybe the horns exhibit HF ringing?

As for that coax, an Eminence Beta12CX and ASD1001 combo is only $105 shipped. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to get the NOS Fane/Wharfedale that I can't find any concrete specs or parameters for for $100 before shipping? That's a hard sell.

Not shooting the messenger here, I'm actually a bit curious because I've been interested in making some coax PA tops.

I have no reason to suggest you buy them, but perhaps some one wanting to make a Wharfedale clone, or repair an existing pair would like them. As far as I know they are New-Old-Stock ( never used, but not current models) so those are my only two ideas for buyers. :)

Erik

eriksquires

2013-05-10 4:11 pm
They "ring like a bell" unless damped. The throats are also rather crude, creating diffraction effects.

There are a lot of people that liked them 60 years ago, many still do...

Ahhh, that was the other possible interpretation I wasn't sure of. I'm sure you are right, but since most horn speaker builders aren't big on facts or measurements I didn't think that mattered.

<< hahahah, sorry for the troll. It's Friday and the most interesting thing I could think of to do was stir up unnecessary conflict. >>