Patchwork Reloaded: Circuit Optimization and Board Layout.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
multi pin pitch

Not really needed, these are common sizes and really wouldn't be a problem sourcing them. Laying out a board is hard enough without allowing for every conceivable cap size.
even allowing for MJL's comment, I still recommend multi pin pitch.
Even a choice of two pitches for each cap location widens the choice of supplier, and cap type. This can usually be done without any extra PCB space.
Do not try to layout for every conceivable cap size

Excelent... active filter and three audio bands is perfect!

I am testing mine passive.... i think active will be better.... also 4 bands will be even better... sub woofer, woofer and low midranges because of percursive instruments, high midranges because voices and tweeter.

I think the audio band beeing splitted this way results into an unbeatable audio system...mine is delicious, and mine is passive...i imagine yours even better.

I think amplifiers sonic qualities, of course, will play a big ammount into the final quality..but really, the idea by itself is wonderfull, and results spectacular.

Congratulations, beautifull amplifiers, beautifull enclosure and very good idea.

A long time i was thinking about to do something alike.... now i did passive..but future will be active and Tetra amps.

regards,

Carlos

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Thank you Sir Carlos! You are a good man. :)

Passive or active, it's hard to beat .
I'm using the digital crossover with this - DCX2496. Much better, to be able to fine tune the settings from the computer is a real time saver.

117.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Sexy new soft start. :D

361.JPG

This replaces the previous one that was on 2 boards. It is basically the same but more streamlined:

117.PNG

It is simple, complete and self contained - runs from the main power supply (so no auxiliary transformer) and has a ~one second delay before the relay shorts the thermistor. Quite neat actually, I very proud of it! :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.