Pass lab meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
20200307_224037.jpg

9.2v input
To max

170mv across meter
1.06ma across meter
680 ohm potentio
55ma across pot

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can't explain it better than it's already shown on sketch I posted

mV-meter is showing voltage across device under test ( needle meter)

mA-meter is showing current through device under test ( needle meter)

just connect everything as I drew , rotate pot to get max needle position and read mA

you don't need to understand :clown:

Joined 2013
Paid Member
ZM - I have a case that is similar with the meter also. I removed the circuit board from the meter case and soldered the leads from the meter to the 4 mm studs. I hooked it up to your test circuit and have the following measurements:
Meter resistance as measured across the terminals = 160.3 ohms
Source voltage was 1.8vdc
Current through the meter until full scale was 1.15 mA
With the 47K pot removed from the circuit, it was at 1.4K to achieve full scale.
How would I wire this into The Singing Bush as an Iq meter?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
easypeasy

across entire big resistor group in Mu stage

negative end of meter to lower end of resistor group

then wire from upper end of resistor group , trimpot connected as variable resistor ditto to positive end of meter, 100uF cap across meter

rough calc is saying that 2K multiturn trimpot will cover for voltage across said resistor group , being roughly 1V2

or 1K fixed resistor in series with 2K trimpot ..... considering that you'll want center position of needle

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
to prevent any possibility that needle goes to visit Shopping Center without you...... :rofl:

now seriously - that's not likely with this circuit - no leaving class A , no possible wild jumps in current through these resistors (everything is ramping up nicely and slow), but there is some varying voltage across that resistor group with signal, and you want to observe Iq, not modulation in any form; cap is there to slow things down , so needle is calm while you're jumping in the room, following da music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.