• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Along the Migratory Box of Electonic Junk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd be up for another round... There definitely wasn't enough room in the box for everything I wanted to get rid of. Once this box has made it back to jmillerdoc, would the group like me to start one with a new thread?

Perhaps, who's got it now? People should take more out of it maybe! I'm curious to at least know what's in it when it makes it back to J.

Thanks Stormrider! The box is indeed quite heavy, and has a wonderfully random collection of things. There is one heavy thing that I'm not quite sure what sort of animal it is... I'm sure whoever added it knows, but don't post it here! It's almost a game to try and decipher it's secrets!

I'll post again once I send the box off to the next lucky contestant.

Must have been something that was added after I passed it on, now I'm really curious to see it again, haha.

Can the latest recipient post a pic of this box for curiosity sake?

TIA.

I would have, but I just sent it off this morning. I can say that the box is absolutely stuffed. It weighed 21 lbs when I got it and a little over 17 lbs when I sent it this morning.

Opening it would have been Less than satisfying. The whole thing is encapsulated in silicone I believe. :D

Indeed! The first thing I did was remove all 3699 screws to see what was inside (there were no, 0, zlich markings on the outside except for a hand written sticker that had a number like 1073 on it.) The entire thing was a mass of red silicone rubber inside. There was not a single clue to be had by opening it.

If it doesn't go against the rules I'll happily tell. Plus, I think one of the recent recipients is gonna hold on to it.
You can spill the beans. I would have never figured it out on my own. I was close (as in the same solar system) but not close enough to stumble across it with random Google searches. If I can get it working, I'll post pictures in this thread (not really audio related, though).

The Migratory Box is now on it's way to HIPCHECK. This was a lot of fun, I hope we do it again (with a new box and new stuff of course).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.