• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Along the Migratory Box of Electonic Junk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could easily put one together...ow big was the last one? Give me an idea of what one is willing to pay for shipping.....i have a bunch of good stuff but some is heavy.
Were they using a flat rate box via USPS or what? I could even start two boxes....
Give me some ideas here on size and weight.
Jeff

I could easily put one together...ow big was the last one? Give me an idea of what one is willing to pay for shipping.....i have a bunch of good stuff but some is heavy.
Were they using a flat rate box via USPS or what? I could even start two boxes....
Give me some ideas here on size and weight.
Jeff

At the beginning of the thread it was a flat rate box, around $10, but you'd probably have to call and see what it would cost for the size you have.

I'd love to get in on this too, I think it's a great idea. I've got a few tidbits laying around that might be cool to add, and going through surprise boxes is fun, kinda like storage wars ;)

We used the largest of the USPS bulk rate boxes. I believe they ship for around $16. They are big enough to hold a whole bunch of stuff. With weight not being an issue, it is perfect for this. I know the boxes got held up at some stops and caused some frustration down the line. I don't know what happened to the original boxes, but I wonder if they got watered down to the point that they were really junk. When I had them pass by me they were well stocked and a fun motivator for projects.

Ok then, i will start the box...i have some pretty decent things and lots of stuff I will never use. I will swing by the PO this week and pick up a box. Probably wont have the time to really go through all my stores until the weekend. Just to see how it changes over time I would like to be placed around number ten to receive it back if that is Kosher. Whoever is first just PM me your paypal email address and I will send a payment request when it is ready to go.

If somebody here would be responsible for setting up the list that would be great.

This should be fun!
Jeff

That make sense, i was thinking the person receiving the box paid shipping. It makes for a much cleaner process to have the person last received the box pay to have it shipped to the next guy...i didnt understand till now.

Ok then, all i need is a shipping address for the first person.

I started to dig through stuff last night....got some pretty neat things for the first person....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.