• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise Phono Preregulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the math
Whats weird is that the noise when screwed down to the PCB is not a 50 Hz hum, but mostly higher frequency rattle, while holding the transformer in the hand its practically silent ...
I am guessing the potting compound is too stiff and or the transformer makes direct contact with the bottom of the enclosure

Will the bobbins make the difference? I should know tomorrow

I have finished mounting all 4 transformers.
The noise has gone down a lot, now I only hear the transformers within 20 cm distance.
Max load doesn't make a noticable difference.

I am sure once the boards are put into my "Naim Shoeboxes" I will not hear them any more.

Note: as I am not sure how bad the Block transformers from other builders are, I cannot fully guarantee this solution (Ohne gewähr ;-) )

For me it works well, and the solution still looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
I have finished mounting all 4 transformers.
The noise has gone down a lot, now I only hear the transformers within 20 cm distance.
Max load doesn't make a noticable difference.

I am sure once the boards are put into my "Naim Shoeboxes" I will not hear them any more.

Note: as I am not sure how bad the Block transformers from other builders are, I cannot fully guarantee this solution (Ohne gewähr ;-) )

For me it works well, and the solution still looks pretty nice.

Maybe a few pictures?

IMAG0150.jpg

My transformers are not replaced by newer ones

Last edited:
IMAG0151.jpg

Another picture. I used stranded wire below the transformers for the connections with 2 turns of wire around the tranformer connections to ensure a solid solder connection. All wires are a bit longer than necessary (about 5 cm)

Cannot show them any more ...
For those who want to try this at home ;-) I can recommend using a 3 mm tap to create proper thread in the transformers before screwing the bobbins in

Last edited:
New Prereg GB round - Final Deadline!!!

Hi Guys,

as we now reached a critical mass for a new GB for the Prereg (thanks Peter for doing it again), there will be a final deadline, next Wednesday, 30th of April 2014 at 11:37pm CEST!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eA-F1Z3nZYQPkwdGa0nRqHP2hrClLh4kcjPRQnRiodE/edit?usp=sharing

is now locked. If someone wants to make an order for the GB, please send me an PM or E-Mail with the respective number of PCBs you want.

Everyone who has is listed until then gets further information from me via PM.

Price will be the same as last time: 44€ per Stereoset (=2 PCBs) + Shipping/Packaging (within Germany for 1 set: 4€, for 2 sets 4.60€, worldwide depends on country).

Cheers,
Walter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.