output devices on X -X.5 and XA.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could possibly hook them up to a high powered F4/BA2 or BA1 output stage, or maybe you could do a cascoded version

every idea would be welcomed and carefully evaluated and listened.
Wouldn't cascoded version be too complex at higher power due to the higher number of FETs that have to be matched up?
Does it sound that much better?
My rule of thum is to cascade the front end stage, which yealds to a more transparent detailed sound and technically to a lower distortion and a little better sqare wave response i.e. greater BW

Understood
It might be possible to change out the transformer for lower voltage and then increase bias
You probably don't want to do that

I have to go to bed now it is 4:30 am

Hang on. Are you intending on stripping the amp and reusing the parts into a different design, using the same chassis, transformer power supply

Last edited:
oh gosh go to bed it is too late for you...although you can sleep in tomorrow I am assuming since it is saturday..

Yes my intent is to strip the matched mosfets, transformer, filter caps heatsink and chassis and then plug in different input and output boards.
I would also like to keep the same number of output FETs to match all the holes on the heatsink ...I think it would make a huuuppyy 24 Device per channel :D

You could sell your amp and start from scratch.
You could build something very nice for about $1000
Having said that building the chassis is a pain in the ars5, so it may not be an overly dumb idea. No offense. Dumb is as just as good as fugly
You will soon discover we are a very weird group of people

Last edited:
You could sell your amp and start from scratch.
You could build something very nice for about $1000

There is no way I could be something nice for that much....With the X250 I not only get a custom plitron, but nice powerful heatsink a full set of matched mosfets and a beautiful finished chassis.
If I can't build anything better than X250 then I just keep the X250 and upgrade next year.
My purpose here is to build something better and that looks nice as well and I thought that this although p[retty expensive could have been a viable solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.