Orion HCCA 2100 no rail voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Couple things to mention. I am still powering the amp through a choke. With the remote not connected DC voltage at the terminal is +12.3v. With the remote connected voltage is at +7.8v. Resistor between pins 4 and 7 is still in place with DC voltage at +0.001v. Tried removing the resistor and voltage went up to +2.95v pulsating.

New rectifiers installed. Amp now powers up with even +/- rail DC voltage on both sets of rectifiers, +/-4.45v. I know it should be far more than that. PS FET's on the left side are still heating up.

I also found that there is 0v on al three legs of the voltage regulator circled in the attached photo.

Attachments

• 20190331_000912-1.jpg
    20190331_000912-1.jpg
    919.8 KB · Views: 86
One was open and another below specs. Took me a bit to figure out what the value on one of them was as the color bands were basically unreadable. Actually from what I could make out it wasn't the right resistor. Appeared to have been replaced at some point before. The rest are in specs.

Replaced both and now have power on that voltage regulator.

Still have the problem of the PS FET's on the left side getting hot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.