Options for using OHP lenses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I seem to be having trouble locating a OHP projector here locally (so I can rob the parts fresnel and projection lens out and take the "custom" route). Ordinarily, these things would be a dime and dozen around here, but since I'M actually NEEDING one there seem to be none to be found! :rolleyes:
I've read in the forums about old slide projectors being used, but mostly by the fellows wanting to use very small LCDs. My question is, can optics from old slide projectors or old reel-to-reel 8MM movie projectors be used for projection of a 5" LCD? Is the "aperture" or focal length too small to correctly focus this style of lens setup? (I hope to use a MH bulb with reflector through a 5" LCD panel).
One further question, I had hoped to use the fresnel from the OHP and I've read in various places about the "page magnifiers" having to be used "back to back" to work correctly. Are the page magnifiers different in function or type than the fresnels found on OHP's?
Thank you in advance and sorry for all the questions!

Thanks Jhovis, I haven't gone the ebay route much yet, I'm still looking for things close at hand (I'm one of those stubborn Missourians who wants to actually see and touch something before I hand over cash ;) ) However, I did order a couple of different lenses from a wholesale place to experiment with and I've went to Staples and picked up a page magnifier. I've been experimenting with an old 8mm projector lense set up, but I'm thinking it may be too difficult to work with what I think is a very short focal length? While I'm waiting on the lenses to arrive I've been down in the shop working on my reflector. If things go accordingly, it should be an aluminum ellipsiodal reflector which should capture a large percentage of the light and focus it on a 5" lcd. (Picture fingers crossed and praying to the Video Gods). P.S. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but she knew that before she married me..... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.