Opinions On 5.1 Layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys:

What's your opinion on this 5.1 home theatre layout?

5 x TangBand TB-871S Drivers (0.2 cu. ft. box with 1.1" dia. 1.375" long port)

1 x Lightning Audio P2-10-4 Driver (4.5 cu. ft. box with an unknown port [yet])

1 x Parts Express 70W Amplifier (to power the subwoofer)

1 x Panasonic XR-50S 6.1 Dolby & DTS Receiver

The 5 mains'll be @ about 65 dB SPL, and the sub'll run about 5 dB hot.

Good?

Change the sub to a MCM 50-6266. It's a new buyout 150 watt amp for only $49 USD. Use it with a low Qts sub in a smaller sealed enclosure to compliment the 5db of boost it has built in.

http://www.mcminone.com/50-6266.html

An Adire Shiva or Peerless XLS (10 or 12) would be an excellent sub to pair up with this, and have deep bass and a very small enclosure.

For other options, the Hi-Vi B3S or Aura NS3-193 are also great drivers, and maybe better than the tangband.

The Panasonic receiver is an excellent choice. Digital amps of that style are the future - Powerful, small, efficient, inexpensive, and great sound.

Really this is completely suited for my experience. This is my first DIY project and it is perfect for what I plan to do with it. Since i'm using a 70 watt amp, the sub is perfect. The W3-871s are actually a great driver for their price. Full-range 87dB/W/m and only $15 a piece.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.