• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ongaku Build

I did pay roughly $500 for the schematic by the way from audio note. Perhaps I paid you for the schematics you sent, maybe you remember...

I do not sell my schematics, and I doubt that I ever sent you any. Once I'm sure that one of my designs is safe, works properly, and is of value to someone else, I put it on my web site, post it here, or both. The schematic for the amplifier part of my 845SE is here, and has been here since 2007. I was never happy with the power supply, so that schematic has never been posted anywhere. The third schematic was the final version and matches my amp:

845 SE | Tubelab

Sometime after making my amp and posting it, I was informed that the UK Ongaku which I started with has nothing to do with Kondo's amp, and that Kondo's amp was all transformer coupled. Since I have never seen a Kondo amp, I can not confirm this.

Searching this forum for the word "Ongaku" will bring up mention of a few builds or build attempts. The schematic I started with is found in post #18 of this thread.

Audionote Japan (Kondo) Ongaku... Can I Clone to DIY!

I did not make my post to criticize or scare you away. I, and others do not understand the references to car parts, or why they would be here at all. Everything I could identify in the original pictures seemed to be new parts that could be used in a 211 SE amp, except for the opamp board with all the extra caps.

Some of your posts in other threads have left everyone wondering what you were talking about. I really thought that you might have been using Google translate to convert from another language.

The clearer picture from the other side of the table does seem to reveal a power supply with a choke in the ground side and one channel of the driver circuitry. I can't follow enough of it to know if it matches the schematic I used.

As with my build, I would test one stage at a time starting with that power supply. Use a dim bulb tester on first power up to avoid expensive surprises in case something is not right. Remember that this amp used a lethal level of voltage and one mistake could be your last.

I'm sorry guys, next you are going to say you own mitsumi heavy machinery or Sanyo denso. This is starting to make less and less sense, and please don't expect me to post the schematic after all this pita you have caused me.

I guess the real question is who is "Alex", you or me. Or tubelab... The schematic isn't difficult to imagine as the whole circuit is in the photo

No the schematic is not the " baby ongaku" from the magazine. That is sitting on the couch behind the photos.

Last edited:
please don't expect me to post the schematic after all this pita you have caused me.

I keep saying sarcasm seldom pays off, but do they listen?

What about the dac with the cute Tesla forest growing on top? Any chance for a schematic of all the exotic decoupling? There is something very Audionotey about it, despite the absence of an AD1865 and the overuse of opamps. Duelund wire?

Last edited:
Dude, can you please tell me something that is actually on the table. I'm not the one confused here. and it's not decoupling, it's pushing the optocouplers to saturation, kinda the opposite

I see no AD1865 and by opamp, where... I think you mean optocouplers. Forest, where friend?

Sadly, I will continue to refuse any association to audio note to avoid the constant and filtered greif

Last edited:
OK, I'll have a go. I see a plant that at one time was desperate for water.

Attachments

• Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    955.4 KB · Views: 421
Reactions: 1 user
I think the OP is a troll:

1. $500 for a widely publicised schematic?
2. Look at me with my Hammond OPT?
3. Miflex being OEM for Kondo??
4. OP paid $500 to Kondo for schem..now wont show, despite asking for critique.
5. Construction is a joke, its not even constructed, anyone worth their salt wouldnt have it look anything like that (mess).

I could be, and am often wrong: sorry if I killed your potted plant: viva Sativa.

HK

Last edited:
You can build on planks though. Here's an otl amplifier for 800 Ohm speakers I have built some 11 years ago (a proven design by Philips). Works fine. No noise or other issues, even though there's a lot of both positive and (more) negative feedback going on.

Attachments

• DSC02322.jpg
    DSC02322.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Schema.png
    Schema.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 471