• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official O2 Headphone Amp Front Panel Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There isn't anything to cut on the output, only on the input..

Sorry, yes, I meant to say I didn't have to cut anything for the output because there wasn't anything to cut.

On a different note, I noticed the LED hole was moved in the final version of the B3 panel. How is the LED mounted? For my box, I hot glued it to the front panel but was wondering if there is a more elegant way?

Hey guys,

Flynhawaiian drove all the way out to my place to test-fit the B2 panels before sending them out (he must love you guys). The fitment is cherry. I've attached a preview picture:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The panel from the group-buy is on the left.

I think he still needs to sort out and pack everything, which will take quite some time given the large order (not to mention he's in the middle of finals). So just a bit more patience from everyone, and you guys should get your panels soon.

Thanks again to Flynhawaiian and MrSlim for setting this thing up. It's very nice of you guys to put in so much work for free.

Sorry, yes, I meant to say I didn't have to cut anything for the output because there wasn't anything to cut.

On a different note, I noticed the LED hole was moved in the final version of the B3 panel. How is the LED mounted? For my box, I hot glued it to the front panel but was wondering if there is a more elegant way?

Hot Glue is probably a decent way to do it.. I designed the B3 panel with this Panel Mount LED in mind, since it's what I wanted to use. For B3's I'm leaving the original LED in place (twisted sideways) and then plan on just driving the front panel LED from another point on the power supply, fed with a resistor.... Kinda selfish I know.. but I'm building 15 of them myself, so I wanted a way to mount them easily..

Hot Glue is probably a decent way to do it.. I designed the B3 panel with this Panel Mount LED in mind, since it's what I wanted to use. For B3's I'm leaving the original LED in place (twisted sideways) and then plan on just driving the front panel LED from another point on the power supply, fed with a resistor.... Kinda selfish I know.. but I'm building 15 of them myself, so I wanted a way to mount them easily..

That makes sense. If someone wanted to, could they choose any colored LED they wanted? Have you decided where you're going to tap into for power?

The panels look amazing and the wait will be worth it. Again I apologize that I cannot get them out until Saturday of next week (dec 10), but I have finals and they are a priority right now.

I received the anti tarnish tissue paper for wrapping each panel, and have all of the bubble mailers. I received a thermal printer and labels for sending them out and will make things go much smoother.

My estimate for getting the entire order ready for mailing will take me from 6-8 hours, and I think I can get them all in the mail by sunday. My post office is open on sunday so they will be on the move and everyone should get their orders as fast as possible.

That makes sense. If someone wanted to, could they choose any colored LED they wanted? Have you decided where you're going to tap into for power?

If you leave the original led in the circuit (bent sideways to clear the panel), you could use any other color you wanted for a second LED. The specs of the original LED are important to the operation of the power supply.

I have to do some testing yet, on the best spot.. I'm open to suggestions..
I was thinking about tapping in at the battery terminals..

Excellent news on the panels!

That is great news that the panels are ready, look great, and will be sent out soon! The timing is perfect, because I just completed the first of the two O2 amps I'm going to build. The PCB went together quite nicely and the completed amp performs to my expectations (and hopes). In fact, I am listening to it right now as I type. My UE 600 in-earphones sound very sweet on the O2.

Many, many thanks, Flynhawaiian and Mr. Slim, for making this GB a reality. I can appreciate how much time and effort it took - you guys are the best! And, best of luck, Flynhawaiian, on your finals.

--RDG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.