• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Oddwatt / Oddblock Builder's Thread

Oddwatt at the BAF

I took my Oddwat to the 2017 BAF and talked to some intresting people. Thanks Bruce for the nice design.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 383
The power transformer IA a Antek AS-4T360-400VA 360V at $57.00 . This monster weighs in at 9 lbs.I ordered the CA-400 Steel cover $26.00. It is important to insulate the edge of the cover so it does not touch the chassis as it will cause a short circuit. I used a piece of door edge molding from the automotive store. Dual secondary 360V at .55A along with dual 6.3V at 4A.

Hi Eslheadphone, Always nice to hear from a happy diyer. Nice looking build. I personally prefer the mono blocks as they allow for easier placement in my listening room. I am presently working on a variation using 4P1L directly heated pentodes. looking for about 4-5 watts. The tubes are easy to obtain and supposed to be really sweet.

Of the two output tubes one has its grid driven by the first stage . The other has its grid grounded. The output tube with its grid grounded is driven by its cathode. A separate current source for each cathode would leave only one tube amplifying the signal.At that point we have a single ended amplifier, not a push pull amp. Not only is this amp very simple to build, it sounds surprisingly good.

EL84 Push Pull Tube Amp Selector Switch

Hi,

I am *very* new to this, and I am trying to make sense of the circuit for the Poddwatt Series 2 Power Supply. Can someone help me understand the 3 LEDs and selector switch portion of this? It reads to me that the switch is just including 1 LED, and hence would have a switch to light one of 3 LEDs?

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/E...ush-Pull-Valve-Amp-Power-Supply-Schematic.png

Thanks in advance

MArk

Attachments

• EL84-6BQ5-Push-Pull-Valve-Amp-Power-Supply-Schematic.png
    EL84-6BQ5-Push-Pull-Valve-Amp-Power-Supply-Schematic.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 103