NVMOS amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I'll help do what I can but I don't have the expertise that you have and you are the designer.

Looks like we have the right transistors,maybe the IRFP250 might be marginal. I have some SJEP120R100 Semisouth that I can use for outputs.
Work on the feedback and VAS stages,the 33pf in the Vas stage could be lowered as long as the stabality is maintained. Just small changes can make a difference in ft.
I believe the totem pole drivers are adequate, if not could go to the MJE340 and MJE350.
This is just my thoughts.
Increase the rails to 120V. (for the APTs)
In fact I have some APT100M50J that I may try, Might as well let it all hang out. Might as well have some fireworks if the outputs go.

sam

This project is very basic and unique in its own way but i no longer have any interest to upgrade it. I just want to keep it sweet and simple for DIY atleast, so that builders can enjoy it.
I will only help with queries related to its setup, not tweaking with compensation for higher bandwidth.
You won't be needing MJEs for totems, because BCs are sufficient for that even with high gate capacitance mosfets.

hello Kanwar sir,
thanks for reply.Its a amazing amp by the means of its specifications,earlier i have seen this only in class d amps (one pair for such high output).Perhaps it due to rail to rail swing so there is no loss in the form of heat.
and one question more,What is to be done to drive 4 ohm load with this amp ?? lowering the supply voltage or adding one more pair?? my goal is to get something near 400 watts from this amp on 4 ohm load ?
Thanks again to you for giving such a innovative amp for diyers and Thanks to Alexmm for designing masterpiece pcbs for this amp.

PSU For This Amplifier

you need a separate winding on same trafo or use a small trafo with 0-15V, then Tie the +15 to -90V and gnd of small supply will become -105V, in other words it would be referenced to -90V dc rail
Can describe the schema master? .... or there may be images PSU for this amplifier?
because to get a transformer 90vdc in my place is very difficult, only 75vdc or 55vac. I have 8 pieces IRFP250 and plans to make this power.
koch2 ho ta hay ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.