Now Playing + What are you listening to?

20221218_103006.jpg

Starting my Sunday with:

Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache

I don't find it to be up to the same level as the stuff he did with Rush, but his bass skills never disappoint. And with Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) on drums, it is a really good album to listen to front to back.

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 1120773

Starting my Sunday with:

I don't find it to be up to the same level as the stuff he did with Rush, but his bass skills never disappoint. And with Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) on drums, it is a really good album to listen to front to back.
View attachment 1120773

Starting my Sunday with:

Speaking of bass I've been thumping to ZZ Top lately. Better than I remember when young. Rush is one of my all time favorite ROCK bands. Rock on!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m finding much entertainment from the results of the YT algorithms - most particularly the “reaction videos” - the most delicious being one from a gentleman of colour who felt it necessary to interrupt with his own thoughts on the use of the word he was anticipating those six letters to spell out.

His colorful PG rated word play and timing are simply delightful. Probably my favorite is the Beat Poem Storm.
Yes, his ruthless atheism can be a deal breaker for some not willing to admire his artistry for what it is.
“I’d rather have dinner with Dawkins than Desmond Tutu too, to be honest

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 1120773

Starting my Sunday with:

Kind of funny about Headache songs. Friend composed a guitar riff what wasn't half bad or good? Monkeys With Headaches

The Roots: Do you want more?
I've played this record on a BSR with an ST-9... I can't believe it sounds like it's never been played (almost) with this line contact styli! I've had this record longer than I've had respect for the format - I bought it when I was 16 (1994).
To finally do it justice with a self made triode only playback system is amazing - 16 year old me would be impressed. It's the first time I haven't heard giant amounts of sibilance.
1671760106363.png

The Roots: Do you want more?
I've played this record on a BSR with an ST-9... I can't believe it sounds like it's never been played (almost) with this line contact styli! I've had this record longer than I've had respect for the format - I bought it when I was 16 (1994).
To finally do it justice with a self made triode only playback system is amazing - 16 year old me would be impressed. It's the first time I haven't heard giant amounts of sibilance.
View attachment 1122168
Not familiarwiith them. Is that a Stanton . Love mine, moving coil and sturdy , still great after 20 years.