Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Pure Food and Drug Act- "Choice Cuts"

A great, great band that flared bright and disappeared. Randy Resnick, the guitarist, pioneered the two hand tapping technique. He later joined John Mayall, John Lee Hooker, and recently Canned Heat. Victor Conte went on to found Tower of Power, then got more famous for a less savory reason. Sugarcane Harris made it his goal in life to be the rock violin version of George Jones. And Harvey Mandel is... Harvey Mandel.

Just superb. I forgot how good this was. I played it LOUD in the lab today, just to scare the young guys.

MI0001522176.jpg

------------------------ Who Else! :eguitar: :wave2s:

Out of curiosity - having never consciously heard any of it - listened to ZZ Top's First Album, via YouTube - this was the remastered, echoey version. Good stuff, an album worth buying ... the interesting thing was I made no effort to optimise the sound, and, as usual with digital playback, if one doesn't make the right efforts, it steadily got dirtier, edgier as it progressed - had to turn if off halfway through, it was getting too unpleasant.

Good fun, though ... :)

Cesar Franck 'Sonate en LA majeur pour piano et violon' A recording we did last thursday night in Montreal. Amazingly beautiful and the interpretation ( Pascale Giguère violin and Philip Chiu Piano) is very very nice!
I am listening at the raw tracks to decide where I will go with it, but so far I like what I hear.
Luc

Gibston Vally winery concert

Just got bak from the annual Gibston Vally winery concert. this year they had ......

!0cc these guys really do still rock and everything from the albums played live. Iwas really impressed.

next up was Starship "with mickey thomas" emmm never did like starship much, still don't. Butt when the female bak up singer took fronta stage and started in on the old grace slick - jefferson airplane numbers.... now that i could a listened to all day.

Last and to me the best was Lynyrd Skynyrd, theres not too many bands who hav lost so many and survived to be just as good so many years latter. they just rocked man.... and I really dig "we don't hav fans we hav family" heres a pic i took from just behind the mosh pit right next to the sound desk for the best sound. there was about another 10,000 people behind me too:D

My ears are still ringing and the adrenaline is still pumpin.

Attachments

• gibston.jpg
    gibston.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 41