Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Candi Staton - Evidence: The Complete Fame Records Masters

My current favourite singer. If you thought all she did was "Young Hearts Run Free" then check this out. Southern country soul at its BEST!!! And the boys from Muscle Shoals backing her...
She's in Melbourne in 10 days time and you can bet I'll be there.

Roy Haynes, "Snap Crackle." My wife and I saw his current band last night- she was so blown away, she asked me to pull out all of the albums I had with him. Turns out to be about thirty of them! This cut was from "Out of the Afternnon," a superb album with RH as band leader, and featuring Roland Kirk and Tommy Flanagan.

RH is now 86 years old, looks maybe 65, plays like he's 25. He even did a tap dancing solo! Probably the best drummer I've ever heard and comes across as a charming and enthusiastic guy.

The "Tree Fox - Rough Road" album.
Tree Fox is a great '70s southern rock band that never got much national attention.

I had it on vinyl back then that I got when they were selling it at an upstate NY appearance.

Now it's only available on MP3. I just got my copy of the album on "Amazon"..... it's a high variable bit rate and sounds pretty good. :)

Here's a couple of samples. from the album.......

http://youtu.be/IZTe3UF-m9I

Tree Fox - Nothin' Ever Stays The Same - YouTube

Last edited: