Not able to start thread

Hi,
I tried to open a thread in the fullrange section, and it does not seem I can do that.
The post was marked pending approval, but since, it just vanished and is not published. I no more have access to the draft either.
Is there something I should do to be able to start a thread?
Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You are still a probationary member - meaning that your posts must be approved by a moderator before they are seen.
As to why your post did not publish, I don't know. Perhaps it was a glitch. Please try again and be sure to keep a backup copy of your post!
We will see what happens

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I have just looked with a standard account and it all looks OK. Go to the forum you want to start the thread in and you should see this:

Screenshot 2024-01-01 062151.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm not aware of any issues and there have been no other reports of anything like this.

Often weird issues can be cleared by clearing your browser cache and also any temporary internet files. How you do that depends on your operating system and browser.

If all fails then you can also try using a different browser as a test.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I think this has to be something at your end as no other reports of issues have come in.

I would still suggest you manually clear everything (with possible exception of passwords as they are a pain to re enter if you have lots of them). Also run a disk clean and clear temporary internet files and temporary files which are further down the list.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 165015.png

If you are running W10 then try using 'In Private' browsing in Microsoft Edge browser (which is installed by default) as a test and enter your login details for diyAudio.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Very strange. Have you also opened the browser settings page and deleted the stuff there? Place a tick against everything except passwords.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 175455.png

I've just tried using a standard account to create a thread in Equipment and Tools and nothing untoward happened.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 174730.png Screenshot 2024-01-04 174745.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Its no problem :) but I'm out of ideas tbh. Usually a full disk and browser clean resolves any odd access issues.

If you could try a different PC on your same network that would be a big clue I suspect. I'll ask the other mods and see if anyone else has any other ideas though.

All your settings in the back room appear normal.
If you have two computers doing the same thing, is that maybe the modem? The router?
Whenever I give up, I power down everything including peripherals and modem and router for a couple minutes and bring them back up little by little.
It seems like the best tool in the box when all else fails.

Reactions: 1 user