• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tube-lover said:

Full assemble can test by the factory, looks more safe that assemble by yourself. If U like to diy, I suggest U buy full assemble kit ( USD 15 more) & add USD 5.5 for 14 matcking MKP caps that U can directly exchange the decoupling caps to upgrade the performance by yourself. Full assemble will better because if your diy dac had problems, I was not easy to fix & check for U. is it right???

Every Dac I wil test for two hour before post.
connect power two hour & test the sound, if work, It menas OK& will post to ordered diyers. But it must assemble one.
Assemble was directly upgrade to silmic or elna, same grade rectifier caps.

pls understand & considerate.

thx

thomas

Hi Thomas,
I'd like to upgrade my order to the fully assembled kit. I'll send you an extra $15 +1.5% = $15.23 via Paypal.
Please confirm if that's ok.
Thanks.

not need Julien_M,

I will send U full assemble one. I will funish by myself to U. OK. Not need pay extra money to me. This is a non-profit project. fun only.
I was testing a very fast LPF ( Low pass filter) of 1541a, similar as the marantz HDAM, but not copy. I will choose the matching J-fet on my hand, 2SK389. Will let U know the result..

this is my reference circuit, but not use this one. This circuit was for reference only.

any advise of this???

thx

thomas

Attachments

• good hdam.jpg
    good hdam.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 461
Hi Thomas,

Did you see my earlier post about adding a power transformer to my order?

Also if I want the fully assembled kit, does that mean it comes with the decoupling caps already soldered? That would mean I have to desolder the decoupling caps and install the matched MKP caps I ordered?

Hi thomas,

here are the details of transaction, pls confirm.

Transaction Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Sent (ID #8X952464725550642)

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun. 2, 2006 Payment To Hui King Yiu Completed ... -$144.13 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun. 2, 2006 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details $142.18 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
H** K*** Y**
Email:
carmenh17@yahoo.com.hk

Total Amount:
-$144.13 USD

Date:
Jun. 2, 2006
Time:
00:12:15 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Full assemble DAC ver3
Note:
(1) Full assemble DAC ver3 = $ 125
(2) CS8414-CS & CS8412-IS (with adapter & gold pins) = $ 10
(3) EMS = $ 7
TOTAL= $144.13

*** removed ***

tube-lover said:
not need Julien_M,

I will send U full assemble one. I will funish by myself to U. OK. Not need pay extra money to me. This is a non-profit project. fun only.
I was testing a very fast LPF ( Low pass filter) of 1541a, similar as the marantz HDAM, but not copy. I will choose the matching J-fet on my hand, 2SK389. Will let U know the result..

this is my reference circuit, but not use this one. This circuit was for reference only.

any advise of this???

thx

thomas

Thank you, Thomas.
The circuit looks good to me. I can't wait to try the DAC v3 on my system...

hi MGH,

I understood that U like with the power transformers.

I was testing for a power transformer which was not same as the standard power transformers.
Every power transformers was seperate into two Bobbin.
More power transformers was coupling two winding of the turns in same bobbin, noise will pass through from pri to sec.
If seperate two bobbins, first bobbin is pri. 220V or 110V, second bobbin is sec for 16~0~16V 40VA. seperate into two bobbin will like the isolate transformers. use copper foil to shield the bobbin will lower more noise, but I need to test.

After test I know the weight of the power trans I will let U know.
power trans will USD 12 only. But I need to calculate the postage. But don't worry. I will only charge U back the basic price.Will call U later for the total.

Yes, the MKP was close match in 14pcs per set. Factory will solder the standard 0.1uf MKT in the DAC & test. AFter test stable, I will post to U. U can running for dc first. Then upgrade the MKP caps by yourself to upgrade the performace.

thx

thomas

This is the payment received diyers.

hi,
All paid diyers pls check the contain of your order any mistake or not!!!!!!:

1. Julien_M--DAC v3 kit
- CS8414 and 8412-IS chips (with adapter & gold pins)
- EMS, Nano pulse trans+11.2896 TCXO.

2. MGH-- v. 3 DAC kit, additional CS8412-IS chip with adapter & gold pins. Additional 8 TDA1541A chips. 14 MKP 0.1uf closely matched caps. EMS.

3. ghammond,-- fully assembled V3 DAC as promised.

4. Stevox- P. Steenbruggen
Full assemble DAC ver3,CS8414-CS & CS8412-IS (with adapter & gold pins) & EMS.

5. Jean-Charles Vachon- Assembled, CS8414 please, with pulse transformer and TCXO.

6. CJUNKK.- DAC V3 kit, CS8414, fully assembled and EMS.

7. agent.5- is your user name is nelson C?
if yes, this is the order detail pls check.
one(1) assembled DAC; EMS;twelve12matched code
TDA1541A.

8. InfinityPWS- Full assemble DAC ver3, CS8414-CS & CS8412-IS (with adapter & gold pins), EMS.

pls inform???
Hi, Nano amorphous pulse transformer and TCXO was standard parts of the kits, include already.

paypal email.

carmenh17@yahoo.com.hk

thx

thomas

hi MGH,

Thanks Thomas. If you can get the power transformer to work with the DAC, I will buy it from you. But I will pass on the fully assembled version because it is too much work to pull out those factory soldered decoupling caps and replace it with matched ones.

I need to test for this one first. Is it really reach RS same type power transformers standard!!!! RS had same type power transform,ers which use most in sonic frontioners DAC.
name of the power transformers resell in RS is call
P.C. BOARD MOUNT (HORIZONTAL LOW PROFILE)-POWER TRANSFORMERS. U can see it seperate four bobbins. 2X110V, series or parallel connect.sec is 0~18 & 0~18. in the sec bobbin. it work in isolate conditions. will lower noise, I hadn't thsa type bobbin. I only had two type. But I will se same method for the power trans. I hope will same level low noise as the RS too because I will use copper fol to double shield the bobbin.

I will let U know. I guess let me private funish for U because fcatory need to solder all the parts & test for it, especially the noise. I will solder the old caps & solder the new match caps to U. is it Ok. delay one day or two day because after I solder the match caps & need to retest for it & packed for U. is it Ok. No additional charge for U OK , my friend.

proagua, sorry missing U amend already.!!!! sorry for that.

goldlizsts, pls payapl to me asap.

thx

thomas

This is the payment received diyers.

hi,

All paid diyers pls check the contain of your order any mistake or not!!!!!!

1. Julien_M--DAC v3 kit
- CS8414 and 8412-IS chips (with adapter & gold pins)
- EMS, Nano pulse trans+11.2896 TCXO.

2. MGH-- v. 3 DAC kit, additional CS8412-IS chip with adapter & gold pins. Additional 8 TDA1541A chips. 14 MKP 0.1uf closely matched caps. EMS.

3. ghammond,-- fully assembled V3 DAC as promised.

4. Stevox- P. Steenbruggen
Full assemble DAC ver3,CS8414-CS & CS8412-IS (with adapter & gold pins) & EMS.

5. Jean-Charles Vachon- Assembled, CS8414 please, with pulse transformer and TCXO.

6. CJUNKK.- DAC V3 kit, CS8414, fully assembled and EMS.

7. agent.5- is your user name is nelson C?
if yes, this is the order detail pls check.
one(1) assembled DAC; EMS;twelve12matched code
TDA1541A.

8. InfinityPWS- Full assemble DAC ver3, CS8414-CS & CS8412-IS (with adapter & gold pins), EMS.

9.proagua-Fully assemble Dac v.3,4(four) TDA1541A chips,14 MPK 0.1uF matched caps.

Hi, Nano amorphous pulse transformer and TCXO was standard parts of the kits, include already.

paypal email.

carmenh17@yahoo.com.hk

thx

thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks. OK - That would be fine if you solder the matched decoupling cap and test it out.

Will you be providing detailed instructions on how to put the DAC together? Perhaps, provide step by step pictures on the DAC construction on your website? Some of us don't have the experience like you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.