No more aching back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can we have a picture of you monster winder? I can only find this picture:
Ball-WInder-14WR.jpg

:D

Magura said:

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Was it at least insured?

Magura :)

No, it wasn't insured. The merchant is going after the transport line. I went to VISA and reported the mishap and asked to have the shipping fees removed from my VISA account. Looks like I may be off the hook for $400.00 in shipping fees. The winder costs $200.00; I'll be reimbursed by the merchant when he collects from the trucking firm. If not, I'm going to Paypal to file a complaint.

To me, this would be like finding an original Pass/Threshold amp in good shape for $200.00 and then having it destroyed by a careless worker while in transit... That winder was worth much more to me than $200.00.

Well, I have a small wood lathe that I used to wind my first large choke. I would have to add a separate reduction unit to drive it. I could place the pulley to the far left of the headstock.

It's not that easy to come up with a decent reduction unit, but I'm looking.

I'm also considering a different winder listed for 400 bucks:

Attachments

• coil winder 06-285-003.jpg
    coil winder 06-285-003.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 377
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.