Newly born Bruce(s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First let me say, Wow. These are the first speakers I have built in almost 25 years and I wish I had not waited that long to get back into the hobby. The design of the double horn is something I have been dreaming of all these years, but never knew how to realize them 'till now. With the Fostex FE207E and the Bruce design I am hearing things I have not heard my entire life. I have but one question to ask. I have no damping in the cabinets and am wanting to know what is the recommended material and way (3 sides for a BR cabinet?) to dampen "Bruce" and what I can expect once dampened.

Christopher

Yes, I know, pictures... They are coming, I promise. I am having a camera issue and my brother is coming over later with his. So I'll try and have something posted by tomorrow. Dave, what do you recommend as a damping material, and given the design of the Bruse what portions of the CC would you dampen. The last speaker I built those years ago what the recommended enclosures for the Electro-voice MC8A(s). Which I dampened with fiberglass on the back, top and one side.

Thanks,
Christopher

PS just an update on the sound, Quincy Jones, unbelievable!

I am trying the magnet wrap tweak on the Harvey and on a BIB too.

I made a cap for the magnet out of some thick flannel blanket and
secured it with a zip tie and carefully trimmed the excess off.

I see the Harvey BR is a different shape. Not likely I can duplicate
a variation with completed Harvey but I wondered why the difference?

Epicski.com, one of the ski forums I regularly inhabit offers the following emoticon specifically for this situation...

worthless.gif

I promise you all I will try and have some pictures up tonight (EST). Showing no only the finished product but the construction as well. And perhaps a few shots of the speakers they are replacing. I will also go into my impressions and music choices. I did try some stuffing last night and I'll post what I found later, got a family cookout to attend.

Christopher

Newly energized audiophile

sp12c said:
I promise you all I will try and have some pictures up tonight (EST). Showing no only the finished product but the construction as well. And perhaps a few shots of the speakers they are replacing. I will also go into my impressions and music choices. I did try some stuffing last night and I'll post what I found later, got a family cookout to attend.

Christopher

Newly energized audiophile

now, what kind of girlie-man lets family events get in the way of his DIY audio addiction? :smash:

oh, that's right, one who still has a family (and occasional "relations") :cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.