New to DIY Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello DIY Audio Community,

I've been getting into DIY audio design and while looking for resources I found this forum. I've been designing some enclosures and getting to the point where I want to build them (pictures attached). It's so hard to tell what is going to sound good so I'm wavering on picking a design. Pics 2/3 are a home set-up using linear exciters paired with 2- 12" subs in a fifth order folded horn. Snip 1 is a concept based on a unity/synergy horn that would fit in the back of my hatchback. It's 6" sundown car audio subs in a vented box, paired with a planar tweeter and 4" mid-bass driver. The idea being that I would be able to use it while driving, but also open the hatch rotate the box 180 deg and listen to it outside the car.

Currently listening to:
a Sony STR-K7100 home theater system
a table top DIY 3D printed rear loaded horn enclosure with 2 Tang Band 1878 3" drivers.

Attachments

• Stereo Snip 1.JPG
    Stereo Snip 1.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Stereo Snip 2.JPG
    Stereo Snip 2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Stereo Snip 3.JPG
    Stereo Snip 3.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.