New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, check the PSU is ok or not. Or the board has problem, may be the output chip is burned, which lead to a large current from PSU and the red LED blinking.

hi,
The poster with the problem above is my colleague. And I think it is a T1 STA510. In case of burned chip, is it possible to get a replacement ? For info, the PS is from Connex Electronic. I uses same board with Meanwell without any issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I recently purchased a pair of Pioneer SP-BS41-LR (85dB sensitivity, 6 ohm impedance) and have been looking for a quality budget amp solution. After spending some time researching the Dayton DTA-100A, I read that these amps were better built and would sound better. Any suggestion on the best board/power supply combo for my new speakers? Thanks in advance!

T1-M definitely looks interesting.

How would the amp work with shared power source?
Any special needs for grounding or concerns if left floating?

I would have no problem measuring it if I get one, although I don't want to buy a few and then find out they won't meet my requirements.
S+H does add up in you don't buy more than one.

..OK I couldn't resist and got some. Especially as I saved from getting recycled some quite suitable power supplies that have been sitting in the garage. Maybe I should have just got one but I got more to save on shipping. They just arrived today.

Powered it up using a 50W 20Vdc SMPS. Listening using Econowave speakers, Elliot Sound Products p88b preamp, Hifimediy DAC.

Quick listen to a few tracks just now and it is quiet, has clear sound and good bass for its power. Better than I was expecting! Haven't listened enough for any firmer opinions to form.

It runs very cool. Measuring on my steplight power usage meter it consumes 2.7W power idle, and doesn't use much more power playing at low-medium volumes.

main.php

main.php

I like how the heat sink goes under the PCB, effectively making it a stand for the board.

Please do write more about sound quality.
From which drivers are your econowaves made off ?

My speakers use Selenium d220ti compression drivers + Pyle JBL clone waveguide, and Eminence Delta 12LFA woofers.

The usual amplifier I use is a ConnexElectronics TA-3020 v3c with 500VA toroidal transformer, sometimes I switch to a Hifimediy T2 with 160VA toroidal transformer. Sometimes I unplug the passive crossover and use both with a miniDSP. All these combos sound great :cool:

A bit more listening and perhaps the T1-m has a slightly thinner and "chalkier" sound than the above two amps (which cost, respectively more than 2 and 4 times as much, not including power supplies), but this is only a slight difference.. it is very detailed sounding amp, and it's remaining plugged in for now... a suitable nice off the shelf enclosure will cost more than the amp itself... I'll drop it in a jiffy box so I can use it safely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.