New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi jean paul
thanks for your comments.
at the end of the day its that good old compromise situation we all have to face in this game,i havent found one topology that suits what im looking for in my system,thats why im using valve amps and solid state,its been the best compromise for these ears so far,but im always on the look out and keep trying in the hope that i can find "the one that does it all":D
all the best
smithie

hi alkasar
i read up on that ddx 2.1 project and i shall be keeping a eye on that...all good stuff.
regarding the subs,i cant get rid of them due to the nature of my speakers,the main drivers will only go down to around 50hz and thats proberly at a few dbs down so the subs will always be apart of the system unless i go a totally different approch which im not about to do at present.
all the best
smithie

Even if it did, isn't the fix just to invert cables on one of the amps? Using a Phase test file if in doubt?

Smithie how loud do you play because with so efficient speakers T3 seems quite overkill?

Regarding T-amps I am no fan-boy of either topology and mainly only look to sound quality and of course price. Since I tried class-T I cannot go back. To me the sound is pleasent with no sharp highs and pleanty lows (D-amps were in the beginning mostly for sub amps AFAIR), imaging is superb and the background (noisefloor) is very, very low. Even my mother could hear how quiet and calm the stereo image was.

At the price of these amps and T amps in general, I have yet to find a better bang-for-the-buck.

This is of course purely subjective, but people in general seem to agree (see the Sure thread also).

If you are unsure, buy the T1 amp first and try it out with a left over SMPS from your laptop or similar.

hi
i got the impression(maybe wrongly) that the reviewer was talking a little more then just phase reversal problems otherwise i dont understand why his mentioned it because as pointed out its just a quick cable swap to cure:confused:..heres the quote
" But in the past, the phase issue that most class-T amplifiers seem to exhibit (only when used in a multi-amped system) had meant that they did not match well with the class AB amp driving the augmenting woofers in the Hawthorne Audio Duets."
has i have no clue on these amps i just assumed he knew a little dark secret that wasnt talked about:D...so obviously not then!
havoc08 thanks for your input and thoughts,i realise at this price and from all you guys ravings that these are indeed very special and excellent bang for the buck but what im really after finding out is...are they a replacement for the serious stuff? let me put it another way...how many of you have dumped your audionotes,vtls,boulders,krells etc since using these and would never dream of going back???
regarding going alittle over the top on my choice of t3 amps,that may seem the case straight off,however its just a case of keeping my options open as i have plenty of other drivers that are alot more tricky to drive and by going for these it would keep my options open and being able to try them if i so wanted:D...you know how it goes!
all the best
smithie

hi thanks for the link
found the shoot out abit meaningless as the amps in question where all pretty old and at a time where ss wasnt at it greatest,intresting that it was also the time i switched to tubes/valves:D
anyway time to order something i think and find out for myself,thanks for all your help guys:)
smithie

You cannot run a powered source into your
powered sub,that signal needs to be spilt from a buffer or preamp
just a passive signal to the sub.or you will burn both amps.
or you can if you run it at threw high input croossover of sub
which is a bad idea,you are squeazing the life out of your
fullrange amp.
Yes, its powered

Last edited:
i would be intrested in knowing if anyone else has experienced noise issues etc that datawolf has experienced while connecting these amps up by the speaker level inputs to there sub -amps as this is my intended method of connection,is it a one off? any feedback on that? hate to get them and find i cant use my subs(wouldnt be able to use the line inputs from my pre-amp as there would be to much level difference in favor of the main drivers,so this could be a deal breaker for me)
any thoughts?
all the best
smithie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.