• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New Old Stock! TDA1541A S1 single crown for sale

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Think you've got to be nicer to me Diyiggy. LOL

Nicer than the good sounding Aya DAC ? It will be difficult ! :D

Did you know Shane has two S2 and one iirc S2 Taiwan stamped :) . And I found also the normal Taiwan stamped with late years sounds also very different, each time it's like you have a different dac chip, like a nasi goreng but with an ostrisch egg in it instead the chichen normal egg but same meal basis! I'm asking myself what was the grade in the Zanden TDA1541 ??

Last edited:
Hi Supersurfer, your inbox is full.

Hi,

I was able to purchase a set of TDA1541A and TDA1541A-S1 single Crown dac chips.
See photo's attached.

New Old Stock (never used!):
6 pieces TDA1541A S1 (8931 and 8805)
2 pieces TDA1541A (8714)

These are from a repair shop in Belgium and have been sitting in their parts stock all the time. They are brand new and genuine, no Chinese over-stamped rubbish.
I have kept some S1 pieces for myself and they are truly amazing!

I also have 4 pieces TDA1541A (8828) from a diy dac board that I purchased from a diy-er that build the pcb's but never got around to finish this project.
I think these are also brand new, the pins however have some normal scratches due to them being pressed into the dac pcb's (not soldered).

The dac chips and pcb's are for sale.
Please PM me for pricing.

To my knowledge every R2R DAC had grades so it's easy to conclude that it was hard to keep the quality consisted while it's manufacturing process was very expensive.
Materials were sources from one country and chip manufactured in another and later on the manufacturing process was improved. That's why there is no consistency in sound quality at least for non S2 / N-K grades. There is an info about S1 grades were given a second crown when they rechecked them and were found to have the S2 specs.

Hi,

All S1 chips are sold, as well as some of the standard chips and the dac pcb's.
I have some standard chips left if anyone is interested. They are eur40,- excl. shipment.

A note to everyone that feels left out: the stock was very limited as anyone could see in the picture of the first post. After that first post my PM box was almost instantly filled with requests and I sold them to these first responders.

If I bump into some of these wanted dac chips again I will let you know.

regards,

Nicer than the good sounding Aya DAC ? It will be difficult ! :D

Did you know Shane has two S2 and one iirc S2 Taiwan stamped :) . And I found also the normal Taiwan stamped with late years sounds also very different, each time it's like you have a different dac chip, like a nasi goreng but with an ostrisch egg in it instead the chichen normal egg but same meal basis! I'm asking myself what was the grade in the Zanden TDA1541 ??

Off course must be nicer cause Aya can't sound superb without the S1.
Zanden original came with S2. Hmmm variation in sound ??????? Looks like I better test out the rest of my S1s. LOL

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
You already know my point : Aya is superb with S1 in pure I2S and AYA is also superb in simultaneous more neutral with late Taiwan non S1 I have too. From what I read the S2 from Taiwan sounds more like my non S1very late Taiwann made (snapier rythmik and higher tight bass, treble that climbs superbly and highers on metallic instruments) : I'm fond of both chips and definitly listen them both :). It explains the few difference we have on our caps and passive parts tweaking I surmise (and also we have different, though very good digital source.)

Ah and I have also non A, several R and non R type all cd players basedI. litterallyy tweaked dozen and dozen of CD players when it costed nothing second hand 10 or 20 euros the classic Marantz, Teac, Philips, etc CD players... people were garbadge them for cheap dvd players !.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I had a brand new unused NOS, and sounds dramatically changed after some hours ! I never thought burning in was possible for a chip ! Strange... both the S1 and my near 2000 Taiwan needs different power supply decoupling and passive parts in the I/V though. I find the S1 unbeatable for classic music, while the late Taiwann has an unsurpassed readiness and sense of rythm than makes the people coming here with their several grand dollars DAC makes a CD waste mountain at the feet of my windows, lol !

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Not enough my friend, nowadays you need the monney to offer yourself the service of a Ninja to steal one, lol :) . The guys whom protected the Graal, now are protecting a S1, ahahaha even more rarer ! Do you see them with a 28 pins IC printing and a crown on their white suit in spite of the cross ?! ;)

OK : one bitcoin for a S2...

Last edited: