• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New Old Stock! TDA1541A S1 single crown for sale

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
well you know I'm still on an AYA 2014 but 4 years of fine tweak (Sumotan knows it) on passive parts and power supply with a quite complex digital front end, that changes things a lot (in simultaneous mode)... sooner or later I'm going to populate my SC Cut front end Andrea Mori did here.

Btw, well done for all your job with traffos. I'm a little short with money those days but I still have to try your work or listen to it one day. :)

Joined 2014
Paid Member
After noting all the excitement over these vintage DACs I did a little research and found a used Creek CD-60 on the big auction site. I just got it an hour or so ago and I'm really impressed with what I hear so far...

Attachments

• 966386E3-F325-4576-B901-5A2B63635EC6.jpg
    966386E3-F325-4576-B901-5A2B63635EC6.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
That chip in the Creek looks very interesting! I've never heard a year 91 Holland S1.

Latest Holland S1 I have heard is the one I use now, a year 88.

It certainly sounds very very good. I have no experience to compare with other vintage S1. I bought the Creek to replace a Rega Planet 2000 that I was never in love with.

Now, I’m trying to understand if it’s worth diving in the deeper waters of reimplemented vintage Philips DACs or other more modern chips. It seems like a very deep rabbit hole... :D

Last edited: