New Markaudio Drivers

I recently upgraded from the 11ms to the MAOP 11 and the sound difference in my sound system is very noticeable. The 11MS was in a Nostromo (large) and the MAOP 11 are in the King of Swingers (medium ) cabinet. The 11MS are great speakers. The level of detail they extract from music is amazing. However, The synergy was not there between them and my elekit 8200r amp. They were too bright and analytical for my system. The MAOP11 sound is smoother , rounder and more cohesive than the 11MS.For me, they are worth the price difference.
BTW, I would like to thank this board and its participants whose discussions introduced me to the Markaudio drivers.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice! Sub close to the floor give you a lot of energy. Good idea.
Nah, the woofers would not be close to the floor.

That said, Sorry for my long absence. We were in Poland. Things are quite different there than what the media reports.

After Dave's and Allen's responses (Post 2130 and 2131), I am reverting back to using 2 SB23MFCL woofers instead of 4 smaller woofers.

The 2 SB23 woofers would give me as much SPL as four smaller SEAS L16RN-SL or SB17CAC woofers. I can then stick to the same driver topology as the Tysen V2 with two push-push woofers (instead of the KEF Blade that uses four).

Hi Navin, I want to start from the original Tysen V2 but sightly modified to make it look more to the LS-60
The LS 60 uses four woofers, the Tysen V2 uses 2.
IMHO if you XO the sub around 300hz sounds stage and other stuff will be compromised, 80~300hz must be closed to the midtweeter.
Agreed, I have no intention of having any drivers near the floor.

I'm an user of CHN and Pluvia HD but noticed that all Markaudio models are kinda muddy or not clear enough in specific mid high frequencies.

In this video you can hear the difference between the drivers and the Aiyima drivers are much clearer in mid upper frequencies. I also found other versus videos and its the same story. i'm experiencing the same with my markaudio drivers. Is that just their signature how they sound or they need burn in to open up ?

Reactions: 1 users
I recently upgraded from the 11ms to the MAOP 11 and the sound difference in my sound system is very noticeable. The 11MS was in a Nostromo (large) and the MAOP 11 are in the King of Swingers (medium ) cabinet. The 11MS are great speakers. The level of detail they extract from music is amazing. However, The synergy was not there between them and my elekit 8200r amp. They were too bright and analytical for my system. The MAOP11 sound is smoother , rounder and more cohesive than the 11MS.For me, they are worth the price difference.
BTW, I would like to thank this board and its participants whose discussions introduced me to the Markaudio drivers.

Nah, the woofers would not be close to the floor.

That said, Sorry for my long absence. We were in Poland. Things are quite different there than what the media reports.

After Dave's and Allen's responses (Post 2130 and 2131), I am reverting back to using 2 SB23MFCL woofers instead of 4 smaller woofers.

The 2 SB23 woofers would give me as much SPL as four smaller SEAS L16RN-SL or SB17CAC woofers. I can then stick to the same driver topology as the Tysen V2 with two push-push woofers (instead of the KEF Blade that uses four).

The LS 60 uses four woofers, the Tysen V2 uses 2.

Agreed, I have no intention of having any drivers near the floor.
Sorry, my answer about using sub was wrong.
I just bought plans for Tysen V3 from Planet 10, I like it because the box for the mid-teeeter looks good and I imagine it would help to have a better mid high response, I am going active with Dayton amplifiers KABD TDA749x with DSP amplifier, I know they don't have very good quality as others amplifiers, but they cost almost the same price as pasive XO, just want to have fun making adjustments and understand more about active EQ and XO.

Last edited:
I'm an user of CHN and Pluvia HD but noticed that all Markaudio models are kinda muddy or not clear enough in specific mid high frequencies.

In this video you can hear the difference between the drivers and the Aiyima drivers are much clearer in mid upper frequencies. I also found other versus videos and its the same story. i'm experiencing the same with my markaudio drivers. Is that just their signature how they sound or they need burn in to open up ?
You will get tired with bright sounds, and stop playing music. Balanced sound is best.
Alpair 11MS is a little brighter.
Yours room can be treated as you like.

You caanot tell much from what passes as audio on YouTube.

What is the associaed equipment?

dave

cheepaudioman isn't a fan of CHR 70 -

Reactions: 1 users
-
...pretty much predictable from the supplied Fq resp transfer functions. Seems to me when MA does a driver with better upper mid - low treble everyone complains about the lack of extention at the low and or high ends, always a trade off.

The driver in that video is the CHN-110, and the only thing he didn't like was the treble.

jeff
Hi,

Yes that is not a CHR 70 driver.

I also was able to watch that YouTube video, and commented in the comments section (or rather asked) if they were able to break-in the drivers with at least 100 hours (even better if more hours) before giving them a serious audition. One of the students (who made that speaker project) kindly replied that they were fairly brand new and almost unused yet.

So I replied for them to do an audition again after properly breaking them in, for things to settle down a bit, for a fair assessment.

The driver in that video is the CHN-110, and the only thing he didn't like was the treble.

jeff

Looks like CHR-70 to me:
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 10.29.46 PM.png