New Linear Audio publication!

I now have Volume#1 through #7 in my reference library with the exception of " Baxandall and Self on Audio Power". When the next edition is published I will include that with my order.

Somehow I have ended up with two Volume #4 editions.

I am offering the extra copy free to anyone, anywhere with free shipping. Just reply here first to claim it, then send me a PM with your full shipping information.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Cyril Bateman Capacitor Sound series

I have been able to get Cyril Bateman to write an update to his Capacitor Sound series of 2002/2003 for Linear Audio! The article(s) are slated for Volume 9 (spring 2015).
As I backdrop to the coming article(s), I have posted his complete original article series (9 in total!) at my linearaudio.nl site.

Thanks to Cyril and the Editor at Electronics World for making this possible!

Enjoy!

Jan

I have been able to get Cyril Bateman to write an update to his Capacitor Sound series of 2002/2003 for Linear Audio! The article(s) are slated for Volume 9 (spring 2015).
As I backdrop to the coming article(s), I have posted his complete original article series (9 in total!) at my linearaudio.nl site.

Enjoy!

Jan

Hi Jan,

This is great news. Bateman's work on capacitors is excellent, providing actual distortion measurements on real capacitors. His work also touches on the challenges of measuring small levels of distortion. I will not only look forward to the Spring edition of LA, but will enjoy looking at all 9 of his original articles that you have so kindly posted at your site.

Cheers,
Bob

Enjoy!

Jan

Thanks Jan :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Linear Audio Volume 8 launched!

Dear Audio friends,

One more Linear Audio sees the light: Volume 8! Packed with creative, innovative and thought-provoking articles.

John Atkinson, (yes, him!) Stereophile’s Editor-in-Chief kicks off on The Art and Science of the Audio Review and the complementarity of measurements and listening tests.

Signal Processing: Hans Polak writes On Digital Audio Formats and the Nyquist-Shannon Sample Theorem.

Circuit design articles: Frank Blöhbaum is back on Multiplied Transconductance Amplifiers –part 2: high power amplification – up to for 100W SE Tube Class A at vanishingly low distortion.

Giovanni Stochino continues Feedback Error Correction – some further thoughts on Part 1.

Stuart Yaniger (our own SY) completes Equal Opportunity - A Balanced Moving Magnet Phono Stage - a prototype built and measured.

Rudolf Moers studies The Otto Schade Method - A practical design method for rectifier circuits.

Marcel van de Gevel comes up with a simple rule for RIAA noise in Gramophone preamplifier noise calculations - the 3852 Hz-rule revisited.

Not satisfied with Square Law amplification, Ian Hegglun goes from square law to A Cube Law audio power amplifier – Class A at ¼ of the idle dissipation, and thanks to the continued generosity of the folks at Eurocircuits.com, each Volume 8 comes with a free PCB* for his amp!

Stan Curtis explores the ago-old question: Size does matter. Or does it? - applied to bass speaker drivers.

We have a product- as well as a book review: Morgan Jones puts The μTracer V3.10 – a curve tracer for valves through its paces.

Floyd Toole’s Sound Reproduction: The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms is not really new but enough of a landmark to merit a thorough (and critical!) review. David Moran rose to the challenge.

So there you are - our authors did their best to make it interesting and educating again; I'm sure you'll enjoy this issue!

Jan

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 327
  • v8 cover diya.jpg
    v8 cover diya.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 324
Last edited: